315     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even in that context - this is someone who had video of himself ranting about poking someone's eyes out and otherwise appeared in front of camera utterly inconsistent with someone of his position. The fact that this isn't even news is just a sad sign of how low he had brought the office.

AoD

And he had the worst non-explanation for that rant of any of his antics so far: we're supposed to disregard it entirely because he was 'extremely inebriated' (not so much that he couldn't propose a fairly detailed physical assault and the timing thereof) and act as if there was no underlying situation that prompted it.

The Hell's Angels pic is (probably) easily explained: Fat Boy is such an insatiable attention whore that I daresay he'd willingly pose for pictures taken with the likes of Paul Bernardo, and not understand that it might be considered in questionable taste. He's none-too-bright, our Slob. Hasn't he posed for photos with white supremacists?

Now that said, when the Globe & Mail published their account of Brother Thug's checkered past in the drug trade, there was some speculation in the Gawker comment threads about possible ties between the Angels and Doug-o (as well as any other Ford siblings who were involved with Thug's l'il teenaged criminal doings). It was all utter speculation, and I'm no expert so I can't comment as to its veracity, but the thinking was along these lines: The shenanigans Doug was involved with back then were more significant than just being a case of a couple of punk kids peddling a few reefers to their high school buddies; quite the contrary, it was genuinely a professionally run criminal enterprise, with actual villains involved. It was the drug trade, and Hell's Angels - supposedly - are very heavily involved in Toronto's drug scene. So the logic went. The Gawker commenters speculating on this wondered if it might not be worth anyone's while to look into possile links between Dougie and the Hell's Angels organization.

Like I said, I'm no expert, so I can't comment as to any accuracy to this guesswork, but I thought it was interesting enough to repeat here. Seeing that the topic has reared its head once more.

Toronto mayor blasted for handshake with Hells Angels

Except that the Mayor being "blasted", and in this link, was Mel Lastman back in 2002!!

And he had the worst non-explanation for that rant of any of his antics so far: we're supposed to disregard it entirely because he was 'extremely inebriated' (not so much that he couldn't propose a fairly detailed physical assault and the timing thereof) and act as if there was no underlying situation that prompted it.

And of course, the worst thing is that even the non-explanation itself is in and on itself a behaviour that is utterly indefensible if it was anyone else.

AoD

Not quite, considering that the other party is now using it on their materials - the symbolism is highly problematic at least.

Haha, perhaps he can get Lisi to pay them a visit and "disappear" the photo.

AoD

The whole issue is the apparent unwitting endorsement that people are getting out of Ford. It's interesting how Ford didn't seem to distance himself from Jon Latvis, who professed to be part of a modern-day volunteer militia that shared a name with a Nazi-aligned group in Latvia during WW2 but wouldn't specify his own political beliefs or why he wanted to be seen in uniform with Ford. That may be because Ford just doesn't care (and/or because Latvis apparently doesn't live in Toronto).

The whole issue is the apparent unwitting endorsement that people are getting out of Ford. It's interesting how Ford didn't seem to distance himself from Jon Latvis, who professed to be part of a modern-day volunteer militia that shared a name with a Nazi-aligned group in Latvia during WW2 but wouldn't specify his own political beliefs or why he wanted to be seen in uniform with Ford. That may be because Ford just doesn't care (and/or because Latvis apparently doesn't live in Toronto).

Had the misfortune of meeting that guy once (don't ask). He's a full-on "white power" type douche.

Recall that the same Globe story that prompted speculation about Dougie Jr.'s potential connection to the Hells Angels, also revealed that sister Kathy had been romantically involved with a "Ku Klux Klan member" or some such.

Probably not a bad rule-of-thumb to generally assume the worst when it comes to the Fords.

Had the misfortune of meeting that guy once (don't ask). He's a full-on "white power" type douche.

Recall that the same Globe story that prompted speculation about Dougie Jr.'s potential connection to the Hells Angels, also revealed that sister Kathy had been romantically involved with a "Ku Klux Klan member" or some such.

Not just the KKK, the Heritage Front and now deceased scumbag Wolfgang Droege, who also was a coke dealer.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

Wynne sidesteps Rob Ford, meets with Deputy Mayor Kelly
'It's important I meet with people in decision-making roles,' says Ontario premier

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-ford-meets-with-deputy-mayor-kelly-1.2448792
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back