432     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems everyone's desperate to find some new Ford controversy this week. Friday is feeling very far away.

I agree, the Hells Angels photo is a non-story.

Regarding Friday, if the crown had plans to appeal the decision then wouldn't we have heard about it already? What are they waiting for?

This Hells Angels controversy is just hot air: https://twitter.com/NatalieCTV/status/407906039267209217/photo/1

I actually think it works in Ford's favour because this is clearly a situation in which a bunch of guys approached him on the street to take a photo. I don't know why CTV thinks this is a scoop or something. It's non news.

It's non-news in that it's not the first time Ford has agreed to have his picture taken with someone where he has no knowledge or curiosity about who they are or what they might represent. Confirmation of his failure to learn anything in this regard has minor news value at best.

"I don't check for people's credentials & ask for resumes before I take a picture" Mayor Rob Ford on Hells Angels photo.
I'm gonna have to agree with him on this one. It's just a photo not a business deal. Non-story. Move along, nothing to see here :)

It's non-news in that it's not the first time Ford has agreed to have his picture taken with someone where he has no knowledge or curiosity about who they are or what they might represent. Confirmation of his failure to learn anything in this regard has minor news value at best.

Not even in that context - this is someone who had video of himself ranting about poking someone's eyes out and otherwise appeared in front of camera utterly inconsistent with someone of his position. The fact that this isn't even news is just a sad sign of how low he had brought the office.

AoD

"I don't check for people's credentials & ask for resumes before I take a picture" Mayor Rob Ford on Hells Angels photo.
I'm gonna have to agree with him on this one. It's just a photo not a business deal. Non-story. Move along, nothing to see here :)

Not quite, considering that the other party is now using it on their materials - the symbolism is highly problematic at least.

Haha, perhaps he can get Lisi to pay them a visit and "disappear" the photo.

AoD

The Hell's Angels pic is (probably) easily explained: Fat Boy is such an insatiable attention whore that I daresay he'd willingly pose for pictures taken with the likes of Paul Bernardo, and not understand that it might be considered in questionable taste. He's none-too-bright, our Slob. Hasn't he posed for photos with white supremacists?

Now that said, when the Globe & Mail published their account of Brother Thug's checkered past in the drug trade, there was some speculation in the Gawker comment threads about possible ties between the Angels and Doug-o (as well as any other Ford siblings who were involved with Thug's l'il teenaged criminal doings). It was all utter speculation, and I'm no expert so I can't comment as to its veracity, but the thinking was along these lines: The shenanigans Doug was involved with back then were more significant than just being a case of a couple of punk kids peddling a few reefers to their high school buddies; quite the contrary, it was genuinely a professionally run criminal enterprise, with actual villains involved. It was the drug trade, and Hell's Angels - supposedly - are very heavily involved in Toronto's drug scene. So the logic went. The Gawker commenters speculating on this wondered if it might not be worth anyone's while to look into possile links between Dougie and the Hell's Angels organization.

Like I said, I'm no expert, so I can't comment as to any accuracy to this guesswork, but I thought it was interesting enough to repeat here. Seeing that the topic has reared its head once more.

LOL! This post deserves a gold star. Couldn't agree more.

Thanks. FWIW, I feel the same way about those stores called Classy Formal Wear. First rule of being (perceived as) classy is not to go around talking about how classy you are (see also: 'sophisticated').

Hasn't he posed for photos with white supremacists?
Yes, at the annual New Years Levee at City Hall. I'm pretty sure if you showed up in a bunny suit he'll take a photo with you. That was the whole point of the event. Line up and be photographed. Context, people.

Yes, at the annual New Years Levee at City Hall. I'm pretty sure if you showed up in a bunny suit he'll take a photo with you. That was the whole point of the event. Line up and be photographed. Context, people.

Yeah, but it brings home another, even more fundamental point - why did he attract these loonies and criminals to the levee in the first place? You don't find Miller having a photo taken with said types.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back