Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ above comment relates to this picture:
http://i.bullfax.com/imgs/746486fe72523b9a2ab450ed99d1571e3dcac28f.jpg

He seems to do this a lot, though:
tips-for-mayor-rob-ford-blackout-drunk.jpg

rob_ford_pride.jpg

Ha, but now we know it's cuz he's a God-fearing man who constantly prays! :)

I actually agree with Joe on this one....lots of questions about the Policing being done here. And it did seem like at least portions of it were PR leaks. It's kindof scary.

I am guessing the still redacted portions of the Lisi ITO reveal his discussions picked up in P.T. with Siad/15 Windsor to get the video. I wonder whether Lisi says anything in those recordings specifically about Ford sending him. I believe they are back in court tomorrow to discuss this?

This thread has gotten a little crazy, and I probably won't find any reply to this post after it gets buried in thirty-odd pages...but I'll throw something out there: Has anyone found any sordid connection between the owner of the Hearn power station in the Port Lands and the Fords? The reason being that the owner is Italian, much of Ford's sordid connections seem to be Italian, and the Ford Boyz were keen on building an NFL stadium on that very site.

I believe any connection with Mario Cortellucci may have been looked at during the whole Ferris Wheel/monorail vision, but it'd be interesting if anyone came across the name in their Crackgate sleuthing. And IIRC there was something about a $30k donation to his campaign.

i've also been wondering about the fords' rotary club connections. does anyone have any details on that? i've been doing a bit of my own research into this, but i don't have any info that's really worth sharing yet.

Can't you also tap a burner phone? I saw this on the Wire a few days ago haha.

Anyone who watches The Wire gets the answers to a lot of the "questions" raised above. The cops on The Wire always went to the judge they thought would give them the warrant, either because they knew he'd go for it or because they had something on him. Warrant requests are not the same as trials where you take whatever judge you get.

Peepers clearly isn't rowing with all his oars but whether he is erroneously suggesting they circumvented the system or merely thinks that they should have picked an antagonistic judge just to, I dunno, make sure they were on the right track, there is no surprise here whatsoever. Any judge can sign a warrant but they're obviously going to go with someone who understands the legal and political issues at stake.

(And if Lisi actually used burners, that's all the more proof that he's not quite the "straight arrow" his pal seems to think. Is there anyone who uses burners who isn't in the drug trade?)

Yeah, some of that article might be giving the police a way to quietly explain some of their actions but most of the stuff you're having a fit over is nothing.

(And guys - some of those paragraphs are longer than 1 sentence. No way it's Warmington.)

Anyone who watches The Wire gets the answers to a lot of the "questions" raised above. The cops on The Wire always went to the judge they thought would give them the warrant, either because they knew he'd go for it or because they had something on him. Warrant requests are not the same as trials where you take whatever judge you get.

Peepers clearly isn't rowing with all his oars but whether he is erroneously suggesting they circumvented the system or merely thinks that they should have picked an antagonistic judge just to, I dunno, make sure they were on the right track, there is no surprise here whatsoever. Any judge can sign a warrant but they're obviously going to go with someone who understands the legal and political issues at stake.

(And if Lisi actually used burners, that's all the more proof that he's not quite the "straight arrow" his pal seems to think. Is there anyone who uses burners who isn't in the drug trade?)

Yeah, some of that article might be giving the police a way to quietly explain some of their actions but most of the stuff you're having a fit over is nothing.

(And guys - some of those paragraphs are longer than 1 sentence. No way it's Warmington.
)

LOL! Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why people think that I am Warmington. He only writes one sentence paragraphs.

Last edited:
It is interesting that a total of 10 Cortellucci's, Mario included, donated to 'Ford 2010'. At least half of that number gave the maximum $2500.

Source

For example, Ford’s year end disclosure list contains at least $17,500 in contributions from the family of well-known developer Mario Cortellucci. None of those contributions were listed on the pre-campaign disclosure. If they weren’t edited out, and one can imagine that they would have been a cause for unfavourable comment, then they occurred in the week before election or following Ford’s election. The Toronto Star recently revealed that Rob Ford’s daily itineraries showed a scheduled meeting with Mario Cortellucci. Neither Cortellucci nor apparently any of his companies are listed in the Toronto Lobbyist Register.

[...]

What does this all mean? A lot of money jumped on the Ford bandwagon in the week before the election and in the two months following it. If a contributor is hoping to gain access to a decision-maker’s office it makes sense to wait to contribute until the outcome is reasonably certain, or completely certain following election day. This opens a sitting council member to all sorts of potential attempts to seek access through a contribution. And to think that Ford still has $640,000 more to raise to pay off his campaign deficit before June 30 of this year suggests the list of people seeking influence will grow substantially.

http://votetoronto.ca/~votetoro/en/...--Toronto-Mayor-In-the-News-Election-2010.htm

An influential Vaughan developer, who donated generously to Mayor Ford's pre- and post-election fundraising drives, controls a long-term lease on the Port Lands' Hearn Generating Station, which has been proposed as a site for an NFL stadium by the mayor's brother Doug.

Developer Mario Cortellucci, together with various relatives and individuals who listed his company's premises on their donor forms, contributed $30,000 to the mayor's campaign, about half of which was raised following the election as part of a multi-candidate effort to eliminate campaign deficits. He also secured a private meeting with Rob Ford, according to scheduling documents released under access to information laws.

The figures, based on election contribution filings, were compiled by York University political scientist Robert MacDermid. "The important point here is that when a councillor or mayor runs a deficit and wins, every person seeking influence crowds into the subsequent fundraising events."

Adrienne Batra, the mayor's spokesperson, says Mr. Cortellucci wanted to discuss a charitable organization Mr. Ford and his brother Doug "might be interested in getting involved in." Neither Mr. Cortellucci nor Doug Ford responded to requests for interviews. Ms. Batra declined to reveal the charity, saying it was a "private meeting."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-waterfront-real-estate-begins/article578177/

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why people think that I am Warmington. He only writes one sentence paragraphs.

Blaming the cops for investigating Ford's criminal activity, equivocating Ford's behaviour while massively condemning others for isolated incidents, trying to play both sides at the same time. But yeah, you're more articulate than Warmo.

Just posted on the Toronto Star website..........

COMMENTARY

Blair must explain why police didn't arrest Rob Ford
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It didn't take long for others to come forward with the same concerns that I expressed above.

But Blair’s still cryptic remarks should not be considered the end of the matter. Far from it. We believe that his latest comments raise even more questions that he should be required to address in perhaps less agreeable circumstances, with less agreeable inquisitors.

This is a must! The time has come for Blair to explain the inaction's of his investigators. With such a cloud hanging over him the time has come to put Bill Blair on indefinite suspension until all of these questions are answered satisfactorily (if that's even possible!). Ultimately I believe that police act charges (if not criminal code charges) may be warranted against Blair.

Last edited:
I know guys in Sandro's circles and he was apparently using a burner phone to threaten anyone he suspected was talking to media. But if you called him on his regular phone he was a lot more cautious with his words.

Have you heard anything else? Any thing about the extortion charge or possession?

Just posted on the Toronto Star website..........

COMMENTARY

Blair must explain why police didn't arrest Rob Ford
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It didn't take long for others to come forward with the same concerns that I expressed above.

Again - if you watch The Wire, it makes total sense.

Yeah, it's true that if the police saw some random black kid do the things Ford was doing with Lisi, they would have jacked him up IF they wanted to nail him on possession charges. But if that black kid was believed to be involved with murder or if, say, they thought his big brother was running one of the city's biggest drug rings, they wouldn't arrest him because they saw a weird transaction with an envelope and thus blow the larger case. They would only do it if their entire interest was to pull in someone on a nothing, standard drug charge.

The entire premise of that article is that they should have arrested Ford on possession but to what end? When they already knew about the video and how it relates to Anthony Smith and that Lisi was dealing and extorting people to get the tape? With all that going on they're going to pull over Ford to see if he's holding a few ounces? (To say nothing of the possibility all he's got is vodka or, per some of the conspiracy-minded here, shady documents).

How anyone can look at the Brazen 2 documents - the techniques used, the manpower, the plane etc. - and then think that a possession arrest would have been a fitting end is beyond me. It's a bizarre stance for Ruby to take.

Personally, I think the DUI's are harder to excuse since they actually involve the possibility of other people getting hurt, but you can still see why they wanted to keep giving Ford line so they could reel in the big fish. And, that's just Brazen - we still don't know how it all ties into Traveler which was ongoing for a couple of months during Brazen 2. So now Ruby wants them to pull over Ford when they have a massive, previously-unrelated gangs investigation going on? Gimme a break.

Finally, this all assumes Ford won't get charged. the only point I agree with/understand is that maybe a possession charge would seem satisfactory when stacked up against the fact he is not now facing ANY charges. I still think that's going to happen. Probably they hoped Lisi would give up his boss but even if that's not the case, we know it's ongoing and we know there are several huge unanswered questions. With all that up in the air, I don't know how any outside party can say what the police SHOULD have done is tried to take Ford down on relatively superficial and minor charges.

Blair does have to explain it all, but not yet.

Last edited:
Blair does have to explain it all, but not yet.

Agreed. People are directing their outrage against Blair under the assumption that he alone was running this operation against Ford and making these decisions. But I've seen multiple articles acknowledge that he was working closely with the Attorney General's office. So it seems to me that there's a bigger plan at work here and surely these decisions were not his alone.

I have all these questions myself but I think we'll get answers in time. I'd rather the police complete their investigation, and get Ford on a whopper than on some piddly possession charge. I wonder though if Ford's paying for Lisi's two lawyers and if that'll keep him from throwing Ford under the bus, even if it means less jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back