28     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 327     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 366     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that there could be wiretaps, but they are still sealed if they exist. There could be a whole different file called "investigation into Rob Ford" that nobody has seen yet, with all this stuff.

Don't forget they had wire taps on the Dixon Rd. gangs. Lisi called them, that's how TPS became aware of the video, and Ford's involvement. Those wire taps are part of Traveller, and they haven't disclosed anything on those yet.

You're right on that.

Wiretaps for Project Traveller started on Mar 18 so they may have conversations between Lisi and whoever he was trying to get the video from. Maybe this is the basis of the extortion charges. But being able to tie this to Ford will depend on Lisi spilling. Maybe that's why Ford made the "not throwing friends under the bus" statement. As many have speculated, this was really aimed at Lisi. A very public fair warning.

The article also mentioned a warrant for Lisi's phone record was issued Jun 25. Way too little (should have gone for wiretaps) and way too late.

I sure hope there are wiretaps that haven't been disclosed yet. Otherwise it doesn't seem like TPS has much else to go on.

IIRC Doug was responsible for expanding it into the States, and that's gone well. He's repulsive on every level, but he does seem to have some business sense.

Though again, remember that said expansion was against the advice of his father--did he know something?--plus the murmurs that said US expansion might be a useful "front" for something else. IOW business sense on behalf of *what*?

I do not know this for sure, but I would say the "true" life expectancy was more similar to what it is today.

If 3 of 10 children die in infancy, then the average life would be (3 x 2 + 7 x 70 ) / 10 = 50 years. Just by saving those children, the average life could go up to 70 - an increase in 20 years even if the average adult does not live any longer. And I would think that the 30% mortality is not too far off what is was at the turn of the last century. I could not even guess what the mortality rate was thousands of years ago.
Local evidence of this "average age" discussion can be had by strolling through Toronto area Pioneer cemeteries and noting the disproportional number of pioneers who died as children as opposed to the number of 70 and 80 year old deaths.

So during the Roman Empire, by age 30, you would be an old man, or "elder" as is written in the books of the time.
sorry, no. Life expectancy in many early cultures skewed low because childhood mortality was so high. In the Roman era, once you had reached the age of 10, you had a further life expectancy of 35 - 45 years, and even that skewed young because of the percentage of the population living in abject poverty. Those of the Equestrian or patrician class averaged longer.

That could simply have been a useful tax saving way to have a Florida base and His Worship does seem to like the Sunshine State.
From a September 2011 Grid interview with Krista Ford during her lingerie football days:

In 10 years you’ll be…
In Florida, running Deco Labels and Tags.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/02/20130220-085448.html
Mayor Rob Ford told Peat "I'm trying my very, very best and I don't know really what else I can do."

None of them are turning in some of their pay cheques or holed up all night looking at creating a funded witness protection and snitch-for-profit program or establishment of mobile police station in the neighbourhoods or a plan to rip down these blights on our city and a disgrace to the poor people who have to live in them.

Instead, they have no answer.

Meanwhile, the poor homicide detective in charge of the investigation, didn't come into the Montaque news conference waving the white flag the politicians seem to passing around.

But Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux might as well have.

"I am not going to sugar coat it. To make a marketable prosecution I need witnesses to come forward and tell the truth under oath," he said. "I understand that there is this traditional code of silence in the community, but if this young man is going to be avenged tangibly within the courts, those witnesses have to come forward."

What else was Wormington's buddy Rob up to in February.

Nothing newsie, just retrospective.

This thread has gotten a little crazy, and I probably won't find any reply to this post after it gets buried in thirty-odd pages...but I'll throw something out there: Has anyone found any sordid connection between the owner of the Hearn power station in the Port Lands and the Fords? The reason being that the owner is Italian, much of Ford's sordid connections seem to be Italian, and the Ford Boyz were keen on building an NFL stadium on that very site.

I believe any connection with Mario Cortellucci may have been looked at during the whole Ferris Wheel/monorail vision, but it'd be interesting if anyone came across the name in their Crackgate sleuthing. And IIRC there was something about a $30k donation to his campaign.

Last edited:
We're not done debating the Scarborough subway after all...

I've been concerned with how Ford will be able to claim that the "coup d'etat" has resulted in a lefty tax and spend City Hall with tax increases going up above the 1.75% Ford is pitching. It's a smart strategy and Ford Nation will eat it up.

But tonight I heard about how some Councillors are proposing to deal with this. They're going to call his bluff. They're going to dare him to cancel the Scarborough Subway so that the 1.75% can be met. Ford either votes to cancel the Scarborough Subway or he votes to re-affirm a 2.5% tax increase. I don't know if it'll work and if there will be an appetite to re-open the Scarborough Subway debate yet again but it's a good idea.
Nice this is how you have to deal with this clown, fight dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back