5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 721     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot keep up with this thread but if this has been previously posted, my bad.....
[video=youtube;qkXYORMlVRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXYORMlVRk[/video]
Can you say staged by Doug?
Better yet he has a live interview with CNN that will run at the same time as his show.

No. He engaged in grotesquely reckless behaviour with predictable results.

I suppose if he kills someone while driving drunk that will also be an "honest mistake." Ford Nation has no morals.

Dude, me, Ford Nation? LOL. I'm watching council eagerly waiting for his next blowup!

Nah, he shouldn't have run like a dumbass in chambers, but it was an accident, he didn't mean to knock her over. Come on.

I always thought that a "coup d'état" was a failed or successful take over of a sitting government by a small faction comprised of by the military or supported by the military. There is also the insinuation that Canada is a third world country or "banana-republic" (or rather Beaver-Republic).

I think you misread my comment.

I think voxpopulicosmicum is right: there doesn't even need to be military support, let alone military involvement. A coup d'état is any seizure of power from a sitting government, such as by members of that government, the opposition, or external unelected groups or individuals.

Nah, he shouldn't have run like a dumbass in chambers, but it was an accident, he didn't mean to knock her over. Come on.

I don't care that he didn't mean to knock her over. He charged full speed through a crowded room. It was totally foreseeable that he might hurt someone and he didn't care.

Whatever the excuses are, Torontonians have no one to blame but themselves.
SOME Torontonians.

As someone who has never in any way, shape or form supported Ford, I refuse, as a Torontonian, to accept even a modicum of blame. I got out and voted (not for Ford), I tried to raise awareness of the potential issues and I encouraged people to vote. So nope, this isn't on me.

It was an honest mistake,
There's no honest mistake when he's rushing across the floor looking to get into a tumble with a member of the public. It's supposed to be a place of order. And if you watch you'll notice that he's so into the rumble that he hardly looks at McConnell after bowling her over, always keeping his eye on the gallery, turning back the other way to try to get a clear path. Ford is such a pig all standards at personal behaviour get discounted. It's been that way since he's been elected. I'm just happy that this incident is getting the name Anthony Smith on the news. Seems to be a soft spot for the brothers.

There's no honest mistake when he's rushing across the floor looking to get into a tumble with a member of the public. It's supposed to be a place of order. And if you watch you'll notice that he's so into the rumble that he hardly looks at McConnell after bowling her over, always keeping his eye on the gallery, turning back the other way to try to get a clear path. Ford is such a pig all standards at personal behaviour get discounted. It's been that way since he's been elected. I'm just happy that this incidence is getting the name Anthony Smith on the news. Seems to be a soft spot for the brothers.

Yes. This. He assaulted her in the middle of trying to assault someone else.

Dude, me, Ford Nation? LOL. I'm watching council eagerly waiting for his next blowup!

So we should forgive him all the collateral damage that occurs around him? No, YOU come on. I'm sure one day when he's drunk driving and he kills someone, he didn't mean to, right?

I cannot keep up with this thread but if this has been previously posted, my bad.....
[video=youtube;qkXYORMlVRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXYORMlVRk[/video]
Can you say staged by Doug?
Better yet he has a live interview with CNN that will run at the same time as his show.
He answered the problem right in this interview. He doesn't think of himself as mayor. That's why he thinks everything he does wrong is okay, because he's just a regular guy. Regular guys do not smoke crack and drive drunk!

SOME Torontonians.

As someone who has never in any way, shape or form supported Ford, I refuse, as a Torontonian, to accept even a modicum of blame. I got out and voted (not for Ford), I tried to raise awareness of the potential issues and I encouraged people to vote. So nope, this isn't on me.

I hear ya. I didn't vote for him either and yet I am personally affected by all the bullshit he caused, from screwing up transit to ripping out bike lanes. All thanks to those rubes that voted for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back