2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From twitter

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpson24 6m
Mayor Ford says he was rushing to his brother's defence when he ran into Cllr McConnell. Cllr Fletcher says she has a swollen lip.

822599296.gif

Not clear if its Fletcher with the swollen lip or McConnell

EDIT: this tweet from CBC clarifies the above question

Lorenda Reddekopp ‏@CBCLorenda 4m
Cllr McConnell apparently has a fat lip after her collision with the mayor #councilwarwound

Last edited:
I think it's McConnell -- can't remember who spoke to it but they said that her daughter had come to council and was quite upset. She is lucky she didn't get hurt, and why isn't that idiot being sanctioned or something for charging through the council?

And I think I love Councillor Cho just a little bit for his crazy train comment :)

Not necessarily military (that would be a "military coup"). A coup d'etat is an illegal transition of power. The means could be military, violence (i.e. assassination), judicial, popular revolt, etc.

I always thought that a "coup d'état" was a failed or successful take over of a sitting government by a small faction comprised of by the military or supported by the military. There is also the insinuation that Canada is a third world country or "banana-republic" (or rather Beaver-Republic).

I think you misread my comment.

It just keeps getting crazier. Davis wants Doug to apologize for being threatening, some guy in the audience is about to get thrown out for repeatedly calling Doug a bully, Fletcher wants Mammoliti to stop interrupting all the time and somewhere in there Doug is trying to make a jab at Cho for having run for all the parties at some point.

Last edited:
Wong-Tam is pulling no punches and not just focusing on the crack. She's mentioning, racism, homophobia, drunk driving and criminal activities.

So his Oafship's to suffer no consequences whatsoever for all but slapping McConnell to the ground? Par for the course then..

Last edited:
lol at Crisanti talking about how our veterans died for our democracy, for the rights of the citizens to vote out a crack smoking mayor in a year

It just keeps getting crazier. Davis wants Doug to apologize for being threatening, some guy in the audience is about to get thrown out for repeatedly calling Doug a bully, Fletcher wants Mammoliti to stop interrupting all the time and somewhere in there Doug is trying to make a jab at Cho for having run for all the parties at some point.

All that and more in tonight's episode of Soap.

Wong-Tam's speech and conduct was a model of how a city, its citizens, and council should be treated, with thoughtfulness, calm, and verbal force.

From twitter

822599296.gif

EDIT: this tweet from CBC clarifies the above question

In this slowed down version (gif), you can see Rob Ford drop his shoulder, football-style, into Clr McConnell. Poor old lady.

The Fords are so stressed they are regressing back to high school locker room days the
last week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back