567     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 647     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the mayor's budget is stripped, what will David Price do? And why is the mayor NEVER asked about him?

I hate this line, it's the worst one yet. If you look at the history of Ontario, almost every Premier over the last 60 years (most of them PC's) resigned throughout their term and a new leader was appointed, most of them went on to be re-elected and most of them served out the terms before calling for said elections. This is how it works and it's actually called the "Tory regeneration technique". It was a tactic created by the Progressive Conservatives and has been a part of our politics for the better part of a century.
This is not something to be angry about, it's the way it works. It's especially not something to be concerned about since we don't vote for Premiers we vote for local representatives of political parties.

And how many of those changeovers were within a month of re-election?

It's not the fact that the libs pulled a switcheroo that irks me, it's the fact it was done so quickly after the election that is deceitful.

Fortunately it's worked out. Wynne's proven to be far better than McIdiot, but a bag of hammers would have been better then Dalton. Now if she could only make an actual decision and stop all the consulting - the metrolinx one being the most useless.

Also, why do people say hudak will never be premiere? It's because people vote along party line and for leaders of the party, not because of their local mpp's merits.

Last edited:
That guy has friggin' disappeared. When was the last time he was spotted in public?

Price is still there, answering crucial emails. He just goes in and out the back door.

People have asked what the heck he does but everyone may have noticed that answering questions is not the mayor's specialty. His tasks are fairly well outlined in the ITO, however.

It sounds like he'd be out of a job, although if I read that right, Ford can pay staff out of his own pocket.

Everyone: Seeing how many posts are being placed into this topic after checking to see if it was available Long Island's Newsday cartoonist
Walt Handelsman did an editorial cartoon of Rob Ford in the past week...I do not feel that it is the greatest cartoon but it just goes to show
how much bad publicity Rob Ford is getting concerning the allegations against him even in places like Long Island in which previously he was
all but unknown...See this link - the cartoon is titled "Crack!"

www.newsday.com/opinion/walt-handelsman-s-cartoons-1.3425078#3

Long Island Mike

Last edited:
And how many of those changeovers were within a month of re-election?

It's not the fact that the libs pulled a switcheroo that irks me, it's the fact it was done so quickly after the election that is deceitful.

Fortunately it's worked out. Wynne's proven to be far better than McIdiot, but a bag of hammers would have been better then Dalton. Now if she could only make an actual decision and stop all the consulting - the metrolinx one being the most useless.

Dalton McGuinty was reelected on October 6th, 2011, he resigned October 16th, 2012. I mean come on, this is easily googleable. You can't just shout things that aren't true and expect people to not call you on it.

Sorry a correction: He was reelected to his seat on October 6th and since he was still the party leader, retained the Premier job, resigned as Premier the following year and just resigned from his seat this past summer.

Last edited:
She shouldn't do something about Ford specifically, but she most definitely should give all Ontario city councils the legal tools to deal with these situations themselves. That would an extremely appropriate (and long overdue) precedent.
Doesn't Toronto have the tools to deal with this situation? Council seem to be moving very effectively to strip Ford of all his powers, and effectively make Norm Kelly interim mayor.

Dalton McGuinty was reelected on October 6th, 2011, he resigned October 16th, 2012. I mean come on, this is easily googleable. You can't just shout things that aren't true and expect people to not call you on it.

Apologies. Thought it was very shortly after ( missed the year as we'll when checking). My point is, yes, we run a parliamentary system, but who's kidding who, people vote for the leader of the respective parties and their policies. Their local mpp has little to no impact to their voting decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back