4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I just made such a great connection and then realized I had the dates all wrong. If this video was indeed shot in August, that is.

Ford Nation really needs to look at the mirror. Comedians around the world are mocking the fair city of Toronto because of Ford Nation.

I bet that Ford Nation does not subscribe to the Comedy channel, because they thought that everyone is a pinko (including the more conservative comedians).

That made me think....has RoFo made Fox News yet? Maybe if it makes it to Fox News Ford Nation will take notice.

@Parker, for pitchforks... try Lee Valley Tools, 590 King West, they probably have small ones used for decoration as wel as the real ones

I watched the fam jam interview. Thanks for the link, khris.

All I got from it was that Stephen LeDrew trips me out.

ParkdalePetunia:

That's why the "taxpayers" and "left vs right" rhetoric is complete bullshit. It's illogical. Completely fucking illogical.

I mean, I live "downtown" but I don't ride a bike or drink lattes. I pay taxes and take transit. Am I freak? Where do I belong? I'm having a political rhetoric-fuelled existential crisis. Someone help me. :p

This. None of these distinctions make any sense. I grew up in Etobicoke, I own a car and I take transit but I think cyclists are assholes, I pay taxes, I'm in a union but union overreach bothers me, I vote NDP (because they actually don't run deficits in practice) but I support the Monarchy. We can't just be rammed into a simple urban/suburban framework. It's total bullshit.

this. None of these distinctions make any sense. I grew up in etobicoke, i own a car and i take transit but i think cyclists are assholes, i pay taxes, i'm in a union but union overreach bothers me, i vote ndp (because they actually don't run deficits in practice) but i support the monarchy. We can't just be rammed into a simple urban/suburban framework. It's total bullshit.

conform damn it!

Yup. Complete bullshit. I drive a V8 work truck and vote Green and support road tolls, but despise construction unions trying to get me to join and know the value of paying taxes. O...m...g, we just blew Rob Ford's mind. Oh, never mind....that was the crack.

So does anyone have a hint of what'll be on The Fifth Estate tomorrow? If memory serves, someone said that they have been doing their own independent investigations and we'll get some tidbits that neither the Star nor the Globe have reported on?

i've heard rumours (so take with a grain of salt) that scott macintyre sold his story to the fifth estate.

This. None of these distinctions make any sense. I grew up in Etobicoke, I own a car and I take transit but I think cyclists are assholes, I pay taxes, I'm in a union but union overreach bothers me, I vote NDP (because they actually don't run deficits in practice) but I support the Monarchy. We can't just be rammed into a simple urban/suburban framework. It's total bullshit.

I live in north york, ride my bike, take transit, and have no driver's license. Am I a taxpayer?

I think that it' a given that Rob Ford will be leading off The Daily Show and Colbert Report tonight. He's just the gift that keeps on giving for them. Although Jon Stewart looked like he meant it when he spoke directly to the citizens of Toronto to say "Mayor Ford's a lot of fun to ridicule, but my guess is: not a lot of fun to eulogise. And that's where this thing's headed."

Last edited:
Have the videos of his mom and his sister speaking with Stephen Ledrew been posted here yet?
http://www.cp24.com/video#1039517
http://www.cp24.com/video#1039519

I don't feel sorry for anyone including his family. They are going for sympathy here to try to make us feel bad, and it's going to work for many. And wtf CP24? Clearly this is biased.

i think someone said something like this already, but... it blows my mind that they think they are helping. many of the things they said make things worse in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back