5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have access to pitchforks from my parents' farm in North Pickering. I'll pitchfork-bumrush City Hall next week...anyone else?

So does anyone have a hint of what'll be on The Fifth Estate tomorrow? If memory serves, someone said that they have been doing their own independent investigations and we'll get some tidbits that neither the Star nor the Globe have reported on?

I was riding on the subway today. On the OneStop TVs in the station, CP24 had something along the lines of:

Breaking News

Rob Ford recorded on cell phone saying, "I need f---in 10 minutes to make sure he's dead"

The look of disgust I saw among the crowd was priceless. I could see people whispering to each other, "did he really say that"

This can't look good for Ford.

What strikes me about today's video is he could have said "Yeah, I was talking about a celebrity boxing match and got a little excited"... but he didn't. So this isn't something trivial or novel that he's talking about...

ParkdalePetunia:

That's why the "taxpayers" and "left vs right" rhetoric is complete bullshit. It's illogical. Completely fucking illogical.

I mean, I live "downtown" but I don't ride a bike or drink lattes. I pay taxes and take transit. Am I freak? Where do I belong? I'm having a political rhetoric-fuelled existential crisis. Someone help me. :p

That's when Council is meeting again.

A motion will (apparently) be voted on to ask the province to remove Ford as mayor. It will then be up to the province to comply.

If that doesn't work, I'm assuming that Council will vote on a motion to strip Ford of all his mayoral powers for the remainder of the term. He will be mayor in name only.

I'm still hoping that he will be arrested before then. I mean, really, what is the police waiting for at this point?

I have access to pitchforks from my parents' farm in North Pickering. I'll pitchfork-bumrush City Hall next week...anyone else?
I looked on Amazon to see if I could gift a pitchfork to one of the fine folk at UT to use in my stead, in time for next week, but there were none with prime shipping available.

Also the only one they had that wasn't plastic was priced at $9,999.00

image.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Morris-GLOWING...UTF8&qid=1383869015&sr=8-7&keywords=Pitchfork

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 492
ParkdalePetunia:

That's why the "taxpayers" and "left vs right" rhetoric is complete bullshit. It's illogical. Completely fucking illogical.

I mean, I live "downtown" but I don't ride a bike or drink lattes. I pay taxes and take transit. Am I freak? Where do I belong? I'm having a political rhetoric-fuelled existential crisis. Someone help me. :p

Lol. Quite the conundrum. Must be worse for non taxpayers who ride bikes in the suburbs

I was riding on the subway today. On the OneStop TVs in the station, CP24 had something along the lines of:

Breaking News

Rob Ford recorded on cell phone saying, "I need f---in 10 minutes to make sure he's dead"

The look of disgust I saw among the crowd was priceless. I could see people whispering to each other, "did he really say that"

This can't look good for Ford.

Pfft....transit users. They're not real taxpayers, donchaknow? ;)

What strikes me about today's video is he could have said "Yeah, I was talking about a celebrity boxing match and got a little excited"... but he didn't. So this isn't something trivial or novel that he's talking about...

He was high as a kite, he doesn't remember anything about it. Between booze and whatever else he's using, he is a hot mess.
He looked like a beaten man today when he had to apologize again, and for the first time I think he actually understood how screwed he is. Unfortunately, it probably won't last with his whole family telling him to keep going. Sad.

Parker, that thing is deffo worth it for this job. That's if you can afford it....maybe you pay too much in taxes; I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back