2.8K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 603     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many references to kids, little fuck, etc...for him to be referring to Hogan as some are suggesting.

Norm Kelly is suggesting that the camera angle indicates it was a set-up.

huh?

The last time I used that excuse was a year ago to my wife when I came home after a night out with friends with a bag of McDonalds. It happens :D

Ha, I know, sure! But the Mayor, showing up at a constituent's house, trashed, raving about murder while drumming his stomach like donkey kong? It's just too much!!

I took "bird" to mean a snitch or at least someone who is airing dirty laundry. As in, that bird is singing to the police/press/whatever.

That usage would not fit here. Ford is complaining about being slagged as being a bird himself. Take a look at the posts a few pages back.

Last edited:
well I certainly hope this isn't true:
Aurelia Cotta ‏@AureliaCotta 4m
.@m0ff @monicarooney no, but Ford's PR team are spreading false rumours that Renata is a crack addict. Pre-emptive divorce strategy #topoli

I think Ford is talking about Hulk Hogan and his arm wrestling match. Maybe the original match was supposed to be a 5 minute wrestling match but it was changed to arm wrestling because Hogan had back issues, apparently.
The mention of the by-election makes it clear that this was filmed months after Smith's murder so we can rule that story out.

Ford gets high and goes on a rant about the Hulk and how he's going to win the match (winning is mentioned in the video).

That's my theory.

How does this account for his ranting about someone calling him and his brothers liars and thieves. I am pretty sure Hulk did not do that. It did not get personal.

There's an awful lot of gang-speak going on here. What are the chances that Ford was an actual gang member from back in his highschool days?

Bird = a "nothing". Ultimate dismissiveness. A nobody. Standard north American 'mobster' slang.

Sorry, just repeating it because it came up again.

A good summary of the many instances of Ford's public behaviour. Every time I see all of the described in one place, I truly wonder how anyone can continue to support him and give excuses. But I guess the last line sums it up:
Their position might be summed up in the words of one suburban shopper interviewed by the CBC at a strip mall in Ford’s home neighborhood of Etobicoke, “If he smokes and saves me money, I’ll vote for him, even if he’s a bum.”
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/07/but...nd_rape_threats_rob_fords_non_crack_scandals/

" 80 year old birds practically."

This is the part that throws me, it sounds like his talking about little old ladies here.

Otherwise, I would be sure he was using bird in the 'snitch' sense. Didn't Rob and Doug say they're "not rats" on the radio show just this weekend? I've heard it a couple other times too. Seems like an odd thing for a law and order guy to be proud of.

Oh, boy...

https://twitter.com/aureliacotta/status/398538286630580225

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.54.13 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.54.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 2.54.13 PM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 537
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back