News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Equalizer ‏@TheFIXER12 1m

The newest Rob Fiord Video, was set up and filmed by Sandro Lisi, Lisi's voice can be heard talking to Ford #TOpoli

The house is very Euro looking. I am suspect of it being 15 Windsor Rd. My guess is Lisi's parents place. Two voices. Lisi and the other guy seen hanging around with them in the park from the ITO....Mr.Zig-Zags?

Lisi and Manderalo. ITO

Saw this on twitter:
Colin Brunton @colin_brunton
Thru 15 seconds of half-assed Google research, apparently a "bird" is 36 ounces of cocaine. #TOpoli #crack

And I think it might be working. Comments sections are more irate about this than previously.

Agreed. The Rob Ford narrative has always been about a typical middle aged man with a wife and kids, an ordinary guy who just happens to be mayor. But most people who see this clip will just remember a raving lunatic. Drugs, booze or not, he acts totally unhinged... and that's what will stick.

It's not the amount that was paid, but that something was paid. I remember listening to Doolittle and Donovan talking about how badly they wanted that first video but they just couldn't pay for it, citing journalistic integrity, etc. I don't blame them in these circumstances, but it's just too bad that all of Ford's shenanigans, lies, behavioiur, stubbornness, etc. etc. made them go against their better judgement and purchase a video.

I recall the Star's policy has never been to never pay for videos, etc - only that they won't pay large (read: extortion level) amounts.

zaQU0xz.jpg

For more: http://savetoronto.ca/spread

From the updated Star article:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html
A person off camera, who is encouraging Ford’s behaviour, tells him to wait until “after the byelection,” an apparent reference to the byelection Ford wanted the city to hold to replace departed deputy mayor Doug Holyday.
The reference to the by-election puts the timing of the video sometime in August.
The need to replace deputy mayor Holyday came on August 1 when he became a provincial legislator. City council voted on August 26 to choose his successor by appointment instead of the $250,000 byelection Ford said was the more democratic choice.
interesting...

Ford, and Hotmail Morris, claiming he was drunk.

Alcohol is a depressant - hence disinhibiting and destabilizing (slurred speech, staggering gait, slowed movements in an attempt to overcome the disequilibrium).

Ford is falling over his own words, but not slurring..He is hopping around, not staggering. He is moving rapidly and in somewhat eccentric ways - slapping himself, tugging at his clothing, waving his arms about. He is agitated, not dulled. In other words, he exhibits the signs of being intoxicated by a stimulant, such as cocaine or meth.

Will the media call him out on the bogus claim that he was 'only'' hammered? Some have put 'very inebriated ' in single quotes but without following up whether they are questioning his claim or simply repeating it. It ought not to be hard to refer to expert literature or obtain commentary from experts about the fact that his actions show he was high, not drunk.

Last edited:
Saw this on twitter:
Colin Brunton @colin_brunton
Thru 15 seconds of half-assed Google research, apparently a "bird" is 36 ounces of cocaine. #TOpoli #crack

Uggghh...American stupidity/inability to process metric measurements always makes things needlessly complicated. A "bird" is a kilogram, which is slightly less than 36oz.

Now let me get back to my straightforward, metric country that has two cities named "Saint John"* and two football teams named the "Rough Riders"*

*not strictly accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back