533     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 633     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Life sponsors the Toronto Marathon in October. Good Life has lots of treadmills. I don't understand why Good Life can't coordinate the runners in their gyms, give them all a treadmill, then compare their times when they're done. Treadmills have computers, right? Surely they can share information (just don't ask Smiththief to coordinate it lol).

Rob Ford's idea of exercise is to drive to a gym and run on a treadmill, and drive back. Running on a road? Too scary.

I just saw a web poll on CP24 where people overwhelmingly supported moving marathons off the streets.

I know, I know, CP24 audience, but still... goddamn :(

The artery-clogging crowd is out in force!

In a Rob Ford Toronto... FREE STEAK FOR EVERYONE! Even vegetarians! In fact, we'll FORCE them to eat steak!

It's not just CP24 ... it really irks me when I hear people complaining about road closures, and that's all I heard on basically any radio station this morning.

Anyone who argues it's not well advertised is just a complete .......... it was reported everywhere, on all news outlets ...

How are such events handled in other cities, are they in parks, I'm sure they're not but do they use free-ways ?
Maybe that's the only argument anyone can make - keep it to the streets ?

It's not just CP24 ... it really irks me when I hear people complaining about road closures, and that's all I heard on basically any radio station this morning.

Anyone who argues it's not well advertised is just a complete .......... it was reported everywhere, on all news outlets ...

How are such events handled in other cities, are they in parks, I'm sure they're not but do they use free-ways ?
Maybe that's the only argument anyone can make - keep it to the streets ?

The complaining may be worse this year because the Gardiner has been closed so often -- and will continue to be -- for the bridge work at Jameson. I know people complain about the road closures for the marathons, the bike events, etc. every year, but it's not like its a surprise -- the Waterfront Marathon is always held the last weekend of September. Why can't people just stop bitching and go cheer on a runner or two? Oh yeah, they're the same people who think roads are for cars only.

I just saw a web poll on CP24 where people overwhelmingly supported moving marathons off the streets.

I know, I know, CP24 audience, but still... goddamn :(

People in this city are becoming so spoiled, selfish, petty and NIMBY. It seems to be getting worse too, as politicians like Ford, feed it by coddling whiney brats. People will not tolerate the smallest inconvenience or make any compromise for the betterment of the city. I think this will eventually come back to bite his ass, should he become mayor. People will constantly bombard him with the pettiest of complaints, and let's face it, some people will complain about anything. Fords is inviting them to call him with their gripes but he is creating a culture of spoiled brats, who think the world revolves around them. Ford's whole campaign is about pacifying NIMBYs and it will come back to haunt him when he can't please everyone. This marathon situation, is only the start.

People in this city are becoming so spoiled, selfish, petty and NIMBY. It seems to be getting worse too, as politicians like Ford, feed it by coddling whiney brats. People will not tolerate the smallest inconvenience or make any compromise for the betterment of the city. I think this will eventually come back to bite his ass, should he become mayor. People will constantly bombard him with the pettiest of complaints, and let's face it, some people will complain about anything. Fords is inviting them to call him with their gripes but he is creating a culture of spoiled brats, who think the world revolves around them. Ford's whole campaign is about pacifying NIMBYs and it will come back to haunt him when he can't please everyone. This marathon situation, is only the start.

Don't you know the only that matters is taxes? I want my money even if the city is falling apart

When's the best time for a marathon? Sunday morning. Guess what? The marathon was held Sunday morning. The marathon started at 7:30 AM, that's in the morning.

It was advertised, mentioned several times in the news (newspapers, radio, and TV) prior to the date, mentioned in traffic reports. People continue to do things on automatic that they must be driving like zombies without listening or reading about changes, or being aware that something is different.

Canceling a marathon means a major cause (cancer research; heart health research) which benefits ALL Canadians (due to universal health care AND the high prevalence of those ailments) would lose a $2-3 million boost.

Those who are opposed to marathons should be forced to pay a tax to compensate for the lack of marathon-related financial assistance to said charities.

Don't want to pay the tax? Then shut the f*ck up and do something different for that one day.

What about when the streets around St George's Golf Course were closed off for the Canadian Open? Practically in Ford's backyard, that...

When's the best time for a marathon? Sunday morning. Guess what? The marathon was held Sunday morning. The marathon started at 7:30 AM, that's in the morning.

It was advertised, mentioned several times in the news (newspapers, radio, and TV) prior to the date, mentioned in traffic reports. People continue to do things on automatic that they must be driving like zombies without listening or reading about changes, or being aware that something is different.
May I suggest a marathon every sunday then? Then people will be used to it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back