1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not as harsh t/w evvabeing as some--then again, I'm not reading this thread on smartphone, so evvabeing's posts have been "manageable" for me. (Not that the criticism's unjustified, of course; so I don't want to *over*defend or give too much of an inch, either. And IIRC evvabeing's comments on Hazel McCallion are creepy.)

It may be forum fungus; but at least it isn't Libertrollian forum fungus. (Libertrollians being the sort who defend/support Ford not so much because of who he is, but because he's their only chance to get close to levers of power--of course, it sorta undermines their case that it takes a Ford to get them that close to power. Remember that before he became an exiled hero in principle, Mark Towhey was commonly viewed as a wingnut who only could have gotten a chief advisor role under a Ford mayoralty.)

I do not mind what evvabeing posted. I just mind how it is posted. Content wise, it is acceptable, presentation wise however needs much more work. Not everyone has a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Spelling, grammar, and style are key to good presentation. Otherwise, I can agree to the points evvabeing posted.

The deadline for a significant development in the Ford saga is coming up. No later than August 27 is when sealed documents related to Project Traveller will be made available to lawyers representing the media. They'll take a look at them and then go to the judge to argue their case for details from those documents they think should be made public. Not sure when that will happen but the wheels are slowly turning.

The deadline for a significant development in the Ford saga is coming up. No later than August 27 is when sealed documents related to Project Traveller will be made available to lawyers representing the media. They'll take a look at them and then go to the judge to argue their case for details from those documents they think should be made public. Not sure when that will happen but the wheels are slowly turning.

Ooooh boy, that should be interesting!!

Hey, people were talking about Ford and strokes some time ago, something about him having the symptoms of a stroke victim. What was that discussion about again? I had a thought - there was that one time he was hospitalized, right? Something about not being able to catch his breath. I wonder if that might've been something related to a minor stroke - obviously the Fords wouldn't be honest about it, as it might jeopardize Robbie's job. But yeah, it came to mind and I don't remember it being discussed...

Ford was hospitalized last year with having an "irritation" in his throat and stomach caused by something he ate. Or was it something that he snorted? Hmm....

The Toronto Sun (see this link) reports Rob Ford may have to arm-wrestle each councilor to get them to vote for a by-election in former Councillor (now MPP) Doug Holyday's now empty Etobicoke Centre council seat. There maybe several absences or conflicts of interest, such as:

Speaker Frances Nunziata — a staunch Ford ally — is also expected to declare a conflict of interest on the vote because her brother, John Nunziata, has expressed interest in the council vacancy.

The council meeting is set to start on Monday at 9:30 a.m.. Plus, very likely, 30 minutes or more.

Last edited:
[QI wonder if that might've been something related to a minor stroke -[/QUOTE]

If you look at Ford's history, his behaviour is no different now than 13 years ago. Stroke not necessary as an explanation.

A double shooting at Swansea Mews last night, with injuries but no fatalities. Remember the red hot gossip surrounding Chris Kostopolous and his rumoured ties with RoFo? Kostopolous was victim of homicide at same housing complex earlier in the month.

As a new join (1st post, yeah!),
I know my opinion won't carry as much weight. Here goes anyway...
Please find and use your shift key, evvabeing. You go to the trouble of using punctuation, but haven't ever capitalized even your "i's". When I see someone referring to themselves as "i" I ignore them, as I'm not interested in borderline illiterate people's opinions.

this is crazy, who cares? even at work people don't capitalize internal mails and that, it's just something that people don't really bother with anymore except in formal situations. how old are you, like 40? 50?

UPDATE: I'm told that Chief Blair is going to update the public on Rob Ford's involvement in Project Traveller, probably as early as the end of August or early September. He's just not prepared to do it yet because an investigation is ongoing and any updates right now will compromise the ability to negotiate plea deals with those already charged.

MetroMan,

Any idea if this is still on track? We're kind of getting to the end of August soon.

I'm 26 and I always make the effort to spell correctly, even when I'm on my cell phone. I like to not appear like a toddler when I express myself, but that's just me.

Hello UT community

Your forum came up as a popular traffic hit for rob ford so I decided to investigate.

I am a 4th year politics student at ryerson and will be writing a research paper in regards to 'Rob Ford' machine.
I will be outlining various topics such as demographic voting patterns, suburbs vs core, populism vs. Left/right and media failure.

I have gone through a few of the last pages but still not familiar with how to do a global search on the entire thread to seek out key terms.

I will also like any input on how I can get data for demographic breakdown of the votes.

Thank you and I will be following this thread closely.
Please excuse any errors as I typed this up on my phone. I will properly update this post when I arrive back at home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back