News   Jul 18, 2024
 344     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 483     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
and more of rob's friends get off...

"He also has been charged three times with drug possession. Only one of those charges led to a conviction, for which he was given an absolute discharge."

If they knew this story was coming, it might explain Dave Price's mysterious low profile lately. Very comforting to hear that the police are seriously involved. Looking more and more likely that Rob (and hopefully Doug) are going to end up led away in handcuffs before the next election.

and more of rob's friends get off...

"He also has been charged three times with drug possession. Only one of those charges led to a conviction, for which he was given an absolute discharge."

I thought this comment by the one friend was telling:

In one interview with the Star, Bellissimo said, “Buddy, I am going to talk to the Crown and police and get you arrested.”

This crack addict seems to have the police and the crown on his side with this statement. I have suspected this for some time and the implications are enormous. It means that we are not simply looking at a scandal involving the Ford family but a scandal in which senior police and crown attorneys may be implicated.

I thought this comment by the one friend was telling:

This crack addict seems to have the police and the crown on his side with this statement. I have suspected this for some time and the implications are enormous. It means that we are not simply looking at a scandal involving the Ford family but a scandal in which senior police and crown attorneys may be implicated.

that jumped out at me too.

juicy article indeed!

who on here said first one with a story gets their digital subscription? looks like the star has won that.

not as ass-kissing as i expected...

Toronto councillor’s portrait of Rob Ford reveals mayor’s ‘struggle between light and dark’

rob-ford3.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...veals-mayors-struggle-between-light-and-dark/

Attachments

• rob-ford3.jpg
    rob-ford3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 345
Apparently the Star is launching its paywall tomorrow with no prior notice (other than a very general "one is coming"). I wonder if they're getting close to dropping some new news, or if that's just my own wishful thinking.

Allow myself to quote...myself.

After months of silence, the mayor opens up to our Joe

"Ford admitted he did partake at a “at a friend’s house (off the Danforth) but I am not going to say what house because I don’t want those people bothered.”

[...]

that famous story a few months back where there was a posted video of Ford buying KFC chicken was, he said, taken out of context.

I finally got Ford to confirm what I had earlier heard.

“The chicken was not for me,” he said.

It was for a family who lived nearby.

“I just left it because if they wanted to say it was me, fine. But it was for someone else.”"

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/16/fishin-with-ford

Last edited:

"Ford admitted he did partake at a “at a friend’s house (off the Danforth) but I am not going to say what house because I don’t want those people bothered.”

[...]

that famous story a few months back where there was a posted video of Ford buying KFC chicken was, he said, taken out of context.

“I just left it because if they wanted to say it was me, fine. But it was for someone else.”"

i love this comment...

MichaelTremendous • 2 hours ago −

"Truth is, I had Ford captive and he knew it."

He knew that you wouldn't dare use your access to push him on anything at all and let him walk all over you. One of the only "journalists" in the city with access to the mayor and this is what you deliver, Joe?

You've basically allowed him to use you as a parrot for his election platform.

The mayor's associates, many of whom are convicted criminals, are under investigation in the ongoing Crackgate probe (Read the latest from the Star if you want details) and THIS is what Warmington has to offer?

You're better than this, Joe.

[...]

Wow. I love that that story comes out the same day as the Star's. Nice to be able to compare and contrast the two paper's standards of journalism so easily. And what's with Joe Warmington's writing style? I guess he thinks it's short and punchy, but it ends up feeling like you're reading a Dick And Jane book. I've said it before, but I think that guy must be getting paid by the paragraph.

ok... i just gotta highlight some things from the star article...

1. i love how ford's people technically knew this story was coming since monday
2. one can assume price would was heard making calls looking for the video on wiretaps
3. i'm happy to know that police have been seeking information about the video, but really happy to know they are probing other activities of the mayor
4. i'm confused about detectives not being able to interview some staff (Detectives involved in the case, including officers from the homicide squad, have interviewed or attempted to interview several Ford staffers) how do you just attempt? i thought you could be made to do that shit.
5. why are police interviewing people involved the St. Patrick’s Day 2012 incident involving Ford at the Bier Markt pub? how is that connected?
6. i'm amused by the fact that so many of rob's friends live in their parents' basements
7. it's interesting that lisi tends to be with the mayor on his intoxicated nights
8. bellissimo is a crack addict that boasted in the past that Ford had given him a debit card with instructions to withdraw money, and told Bellissimo he could use $500 for himself from time to time. why would this be the case?
9. was bellissimo put into rehab 2 weeks ago to have him safely away from reporters asking questions?
10. why is kordas mentioned? how does he fit in the bigger picture?

Hah, I was at the Bier Markt on the Esplanade when this story broke.....one of my friends who defended Ford from a legal standpoint is now pretty sure he is a self-destructive moron who should not be running TO

lisi's lawyer domenic basile has been shadily in the news before...

"Basile was named in court documents as an "unindicted co-conspirator,""

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009/05/22/opp_photos_tie_crowns_to_dangelo_victory_bash.html

also mentioned in... http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/05/15/9464796-sun.html

"But The Globe has learned that during this probe, police came upon what is the more stunning series of alleged offences - that Sgt. Rutigliano allegedly helped one man, Peter Mavroudis, "avoid prosecution in Ontario" and that he "conspired and agreed with Frank D'Angelo," the former beer magnate, and Mr. Basile to obstruct or defeat "the course of justice in the sexual assault prosecution" against Mr. D'Angelo.

That latter allegation is curious, because Mr. D'Angelo, who was acquitted just last month of sexually assaulting a friend's daughter, had a trial by judge alone, and was prosecuted by Crowns from the North York office."

http://bctrialofbasi-virk.blogspot.ca/2009/05/ontario-requests-out-of-province-bc.html

Word is coming through that this has now crossed the line into criminal territory. Rob Ford and his cohorts are being investigated for obstruction of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back