352     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 506     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 855     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
in case this guy is linked to ford, i want to at least say something here about... TCHC's strange reward for help with christopher kotsopolous...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...tips-sends-the-wrong-message/article13778334/

"Getting witnesses to crime to report what they have seen is a big problem in many Toronto neighbourhoods, where there is a taboo on turning “snitch.” So when residents of a public housing project came forward to talk about the fatal of shooting Christopher Kotsopoulos, it was such good news that housing authorities decided it was worth rewarding. They are showering the Swansea Mews project with $150,000 in repairs. The complex near Windermere and the Queensway will get a new fence, better lighting, an extra security camera and repairs to its laundry room. Local students will get a backpack of supplies before they return to class in the fall, as well.

It’s a nice gesture with the best of motives, but what does it say to the thousands of other public housing residents who have to live with crumbling paint and cracked windows year after year? Toronto Community Housing has a repair backlog of $750-million, a staggering figure. With more than 160,000 residents in 2,200 buildings, it is in a constant struggle to keep up with demands for necessary and long-delayed maintenance. It will strike some TCH residents as odd, to say the least, that the agency can suddenly find the money for Swansea Mews while they are left hanging."

one last thing about this...

TCHC's crime tipster incentive sets bad precedent, say some observers

" The reward, they argue, sends a message to other TCHC tenants that they should “snitch” on their neighbours if they want their maintenance woes addressed sooner.

[...]

Gapka is concerned Jones’ “riches for snitches” incentive will pit neighbour against neighbour, and even highrise against highrise.

“This is the wrong message to send because it will create a society where we won’t trust our neighbours,” she said. “It’s an old Roman Empire tactic; pitting one group of disadvantaged people against another.”

Mitchell Kosny, associate director of Ryerson University’s school of urban and regional planning and a former TCHC chair, called Jones’ reward system a backwards approach to community building.

“It’s almost like they’re rewarding communities for having problems,” he said. “It’s like, ‘We’re worse off than them, so give us money.’ It’s an opposite way of building collaborative networks. I’m not sure community safety comes from a bounty-hunter approach to patrolling hallways.”

David Hyde, an independent security consultant, said the TCHC should foster a broader system of trust between communities and police, rather than “dangling a financial carrot to people in communities where some are desperate for these changes and may be willing to stick their necks out to get them.” "

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...entive-sets-bad-precedent-say-some-observers/

How did a Ford for Mayor fridge magnet get on a fridge that came out of Port Credit in Mississauga?

1297455305345_ORIGINAL.jpg

And who wears a suit while fishing?

Robbie is looking a little red there. Too much sun?

And does Hazel put on a lot of make-up? Or is her wig slipping?

lets... clean up this thread. no more mentioning hazel, she is banned from this thread unless it turns out she likes to smoke up with robbie.

and also, I have never seen a picture of rob not wearing a suit except for the infamous crack photo.

If all the cops are certain of the existence of the crack tape, if they have it in their possession, you'd think this would make Ford damaged goods in their eyes. So that when something like last weekend happens, when Ford is found inebriated 20 feet from his vehicle making the high-pitched desperate denial, "I'm not driving, I'm not driving, I"m not driving," this would be an opportunity for them to distance themselves from the guy. Maybe they can't actually charge him if no one saw him behind the wheel, but they could make it clear they find the behaviour suspicious and they have him under watch. Maybe they could even ask him a few questions about how he actually arrived there in that condition. But instead they still seem to want to shield him. Does job title carry that much weight, even when someone is clearly flailing about in the job? Or are cops just naturally inclined to protect the moneyed and powerful from the attention of the riff-raff?

Remember that the police also have their own motives, wages, popular support and protection from whistle-blowers and investigations being some of them. In my opinion, the police don't mind Ford at all, with him in charge, it's been a pretty decent time for the police so far. Hence the idiom- don't upset the applecart. If they continue to support Ford, they can even use the video to twist his arms behind the scenes.

Recall, too, that the cop who seems to be "most" in the Fords' pocket is the Supt. of their local division, a guy who has been on the job for 45 years. Rank-and-file officers are aware not only who butters their bread today, but who might be buttering it in future.

lets... clean up this thread. no more mentioning hazel, she is banned from this thread unless it turns out she likes to smoke up with robbie.

and also, I have never seen a picture of rob not wearing a suit except for the infamous crack photo.

i feel like we've only ever seen him in two things... a suit, or that infamous hoodie... and i guess he wasn't about the wear the latter.

Robbie jogging, and wearing the same garb as when he was in the video and pic with thugs.

kaplanandford.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkaplan/2012/11/29/running-with-rob-ford-torontos-impeached-mayor/

Last edited:
just had to share this comment from another site...

mgcatfish

Ford "saved" her? Really?!? That's not what it looked like to me at all.

Questions:

1) What is a 92-year-old doing fishing for large salmon off a boat?
2) Why wasn't she harnessed?
3) Why was nobody wearing a life jacket?
4) Why was Ford, and not one of the crew, the one holding her?
5) Why was Ford wearing a suit on a fishing trip?
6) Why don't they both retire?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/08/16/toronto-rob-ford-mccallion-fishing-video.html

I'm sure enough life-jackets were available if needed. I give Ford a big pass on this one, thankfully he was nearby and thought quickly to secure her - Hazel could have really hurt herself and there was no way she was letting that fish go, so good on Ford for that one. Good on Hazel too for reeling in a 16-pounder!

I'm sure enough life-jackets were available if needed. I give Ford a big pass on this one, thankfully he was nearby and thought quickly to secure her - Hazel could have really hurt herself and there was no way she was letting that fish go, so good on Ford for that one. Good on Hazel too for reeling in a 16-pounder!

+1

I don't care if she had a harness or not. With split second decisions like that, it's easy not to take in small details. If I see a 92 year old woman about to fall into the water I would do the exact same thing Ford did. And whether or not I'd be "groping" her breasts would be the last thing on my mind. I'm sure we can all agree that it's much better to grope a 92 year old woman than potentially let her drown in a lake.

+1

I don't care if she had a harness or not. With split second decisions like that, it's easy not to take in small details. If I see a 92 year old woman about to fall into the water I would do the exact same thing Ford did. And whether or not I'd be "groping" her breasts would be the last thing on my mind. I'm sure we can all agree that it's much better to grope a 92 year old woman than potentially let her drown in a lake.

....... You need to give me a minute with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back