358     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 511     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 858     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. I have been commenting on this forum about how bad Ford was since before he became Mayor and I'm also a downtown elitist. But I also know that Ford needs to be taken out from the centre and that replacing him with a far left candidate will be like replacing one irresponsible force for another.

Why is a left-wing mayor de facto "irresponsible"? I happen to think left wing policies would be an incredibly responsible choice for Toronto. It wasn't long ago that choosing to invest in public transit over automobile transit would have been considered "far left". Still considered "far left", but very responsible in my view, are policies on increasing the energy efficiency of older buildings. I also think it is entirely responsible to target priority neighbourhoods with more accessible social services.

Putting my own ideological leanings aside, I also don't think that Ford's right-wing orientation is really what makes him irresponsible. Ford is politically irresponsible because almost all of his policies are self-defeating (e.g. unfunded, unresearched transit plans), and he is personally irresponsible because of his hateful statements and dangerous driving habits. Neither of these things depend on him being a right-wing ideologue. I doubt we would be spewing as much anger if Doug Holiday was mayor.

Last edited:
no... just dealing with reality. where her boobs hang has nothing to do with her competence as mayor or any baring on her intellect. if you go to grab an older woman, you better think of where her boobs might be, otherwise you might accidentally grope her.

after a day spent on Jack Layton's penis, I’d like to suggest we not spend today talking about Hazel McCallion’s breasts.

the reason they can't publish is because their editor won't sign off on it. the reason he won't sign off is because the sourcing is not 150% air tight.
they are sitting on all these stories pending further corroboration of the story, more evidence, more details, an on-the-record interview etc.
a lot of this stuff WILL come out, but as i've said before, the story has to be absolutely bullet-proof.
look at the Bruno Bellissimo story for the kind of info that has to be in there for these things to get the go-ahead.
any story that gets published at this point has to pass an insanely high bar for the Globe or Star to dive into the toxic maelstrom that is Rob Fraud.
the Sun seems to be following its own path here--not sure what their end game is.

that makes sense... thanks.

no... just dealing with reality. where her boobs hang has nothing to do with her competence as mayor or any baring on her intellect. if you go to grab an older woman, you better think of where her boobs might be, otherwise you might accidentally grope her.

Yikes! Your train of thought on this is unsettling to moi. But, it has shed some light on where the the real 'boob' is. Exhaling and casting my gaze on more thoughtful dialogue on the thread.

Yikes! Your train of thought on this is unsettling to moi. But, it has shed some light on where the the real 'boob' is. Exhaling and casting my gaze on more thoughtful dialogue on the thread.

wow... i didn't realize so many on here are juvenile enough that body parts would upset.

Disappointing, (but predictable) that CityNews' vid of Ford at today's mural event, is confined to the portion where Ford explains how he assisted Hazel McCallion, but leaves out important questions posed by reporters re: the crack vid and his strange visit to a jail.

Re: his 'fish story', to listen to him tell it, it sounds like he saved her from Moby Dick! Perhaps he'll give a bravery award...to himself.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/16/mayor-ford-on-how-he-helped-hazel-mccallion-during-fishing-derby/

in case this guy is linked to ford, i want to at least say something here about... TCHC's strange reward for help with christopher kotsopolous...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...tips-sends-the-wrong-message/article13778334/

"Getting witnesses to crime to report what they have seen is a big problem in many Toronto neighbourhoods, where there is a taboo on turning “snitch.†So when residents of a public housing project came forward to talk about the fatal of shooting Christopher Kotsopoulos, it was such good news that housing authorities decided it was worth rewarding. They are showering the Swansea Mews project with $150,000 in repairs. The complex near Windermere and the Queensway will get a new fence, better lighting, an extra security camera and repairs to its laundry room. Local students will get a backpack of supplies before they return to class in the fall, as well.

It’s a nice gesture with the best of motives, but what does it say to the thousands of other public housing residents who have to live with crumbling paint and cracked windows year after year? Toronto Community Housing has a repair backlog of $750-million, a staggering figure. With more than 160,000 residents in 2,200 buildings, it is in a constant struggle to keep up with demands for necessary and long-delayed maintenance. It will strike some TCH residents as odd, to say the least, that the agency can suddenly find the money for Swansea Mews while they are left hanging."

in case this guy is linked to ford, i want to at least say something here about... TCHC's strange reward for help with christopher kotsopolous...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...tips-sends-the-wrong-message/article13778334/

"Getting witnesses to crime to report what they have seen is a big problem in many Toronto neighbourhoods, where there is a taboo on turning “snitch.” So when residents of a public housing project came forward to talk about the fatal of shooting Christopher Kotsopoulos, it was such good news that housing authorities decided it was worth rewarding. They are showering the Swansea Mews project with $150,000 in repairs. The complex near Windermere and the Queensway will get a new fence, better lighting, an extra security camera and repairs to its laundry room. Local students will get a backpack of supplies before they return to class in the fall, as well.

It’s a nice gesture with the best of motives, but what does it say to the thousands of other public housing residents who have to live with crumbling paint and cracked windows year after year? Toronto Community Housing has a repair backlog of $750-million, a staggering figure. With more than 160,000 residents in 2,200 buildings, it is in a constant struggle to keep up with demands for necessary and long-delayed maintenance. It will strike some TCH residents as odd, to say the least, that the agency can suddenly find the money for Swansea Mews while they are left hanging."

i wonder if it has anything to do with one suspect originally, which then was reported as five...

"Police are looking for at least one suspect in connection to a west-end shooting that left a 26-year-old Toronto man dead Monday evening."

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-p...nnection-to-fatal-west-end-shooting-1.1399335

(i love how they say at least one suspect... no shit... someone had to be doing the shooting)

How did a Ford for Mayor fridge magnet get on a fridge that came out of Port Credit in Mississauga?

1297455305345_ORIGINAL.jpg

And who wears a suit while fishing?

1297455306260_ORIGINAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back