160     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 925     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanad musta sung like a canary... here we go folks.

The dropping of the murder charges are not a result of the accused "singing like a canary". It was inevitable that first degree murder charges would dropped after the co-accused (the actual trigger-man) pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter a few weeks ago in an unprecedented plea bargain.

Hanad is now charged with the relatively minor offense of being an accessory after the fact. There are no minimum sentences for these charges and he could be sentenced to just a few months behind bars.

As Hanad has been behind bars since he was arrested out west in May it is conceivable / very likely that he will plead guilty to the lesser charges and be immediately released in consideration of time already served. I can't see this proceeding to trial.

What this means is none of the evidence discovered by police will be disclosed in court and released to the public at the conclusion of a trial.

If the illusive crack-pipe video was part of the evidence we are not going to get to see it as part of any judicial process. Likewise any other evidence that might be embarrassing to Ford such as wiretaps in which he is mentioned.

I bet the Ford family is breathing a bit easier this weekend!

Last edited:
The dropping of the murder charges are not a result of the accused "singing like a canary". It was inevitable that first degree murder charges would dropped after the co-accused (the actual trigger-man) pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter a few weeks ago in an unprecedented plea bargain.

Hanad is now charged with the relatively minor offense of being an accessory after the fact. There are no minimum sentences for these charges and he could be sentenced to just a few months behind bars.

As Hanad has been behind bars since he was arrested out west in May it is conceivable / very likely that he will plead guilty to the lesser charges and be immediately released in consideration of time already served. I can't see this proceeding to trial.

What this means is none of the evidence discovered by police will be disclosed in court and released to the public at the conclusion of a trial.

If the illusive crack-pipe video was part of the evidence we are not going to get to see it as part of any judicial process. Likewise any other evidence that might be embarrassing to Ford such as wiretaps in which he is mentioned.

Does standing behind the bar at the next Fordfest count?

Interesting, what happens to the evidence then. Is it locked up for good?

Again, this changes nothing. It was always exceedingly unlikely Rob Ford was in any way involved in this murder - no such evidence was going to be presented in court anyways.

Well at that point Chief Blair should have no trouble telling the media how Ford (or his office) might or might not be connected to the Operation Traveler investigation. The media shouldn't let Blair off the hook on this.

So the Toronto Taxpayer Coalition is now launching a new front with their targets directly on Adam Vaughan. Makes me wonder where they're getting all the money to do so.

BQXquWHCMAAt9oU.png:large

BQSs2bZCcAAL8jA.jpg:large

BQTXX1eCYAAo3Gy.jpg:large

http://www.torontotaxpayer.ca/Press...edia-Campaign-Highlighting-Adam-Vaughans-Lies

So the Toronto Taxpayer Coalition is now launching a new front with their targets directly on Adam Vaughan. Makes me wonder where they're getting all the money to do so.

http://www.torontotaxpayer.ca/Press...edia-Campaign-Highlighting-Adam-Vaughans-Lies

What exactly are they hoping to accomplish by this? Given the leanings of his ward, this campaign is unlikely to hurt his chances of re-election next year, and I can't see how it would sway the OMB in their decision on council size either. This sounds to me like its just a waste of money on a personal vendetta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back