149     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 296     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who had a drink tossed at them? Who was assaulted? From your flip flop it does not appear that you even know what you think you know.

I am sorry but the Ford that cries wolf does not have any credibility to me. The Fords have both lied outright to create fantasy and propaganda to fuel the Ford Cult. And later on today we shall see if Robbie has to contend with another of his past transgressions.

You IMHO are pathetic in your intent, and bereft of comprehension in the simplest of truths.

My comprehension is lacking, and yet you can't figure out who had a drink thrown at them?

I'll make it real easy for you. Rob Ford allegedly had a drink thrown at him. Witnesses have corroborated this. Police have charged Shannon Everett, who allegedly threw the drink. A witness said she apologized.

Whats pathetic is the depths you'll go to to deny, ignore and conform facts to fit you anti-Ford bias. You want to talk about a flip-flop; how about a bunch of anti-Ford people who decry the suburban idiots that ignore or mistrust corroborated stories in the media one week and who ignore or mistrust corroborated stories in the media the next week, depending on where Ford fits into the story.

My comprehension is lacking, and yet you can't figure out who had a drink thrown at them?

I'll make it real easy for you. Rob Ford allegedly had a drink thrown at him. Witnesses have corroborated this. Police have charged Shannon Everett, who allegedly threw the drink. A witness said she apologized.

Whats pathetic is the depths you'll go to to deny, ignore and conform facts to fit you anti-Ford bias. You want to talk about a flip-flop; how about a bunch of anti-Ford people who decry the suburban idiots that ignore or mistrust corroborated stories in the media one week and who ignore or mistrust corroborated stories in the media the next week, depending on where Ford fits into the story.

the subltly of sarcasm and irony has obviously escaped you

I suspect folks are just sarcasticly using the Pro-Ford crowds' deflection techniques for the benefit of Ms. Everett, just to highlight to them how absurd these contortions are when made in support of the Mayor. You know that circumstantial evidence is a legal and powerful thing, right? And not just when attacking those whose beliefs are unlike your own, right?

Not to mention that there is a teeny weeny bit of a case to be made for the Fords having blown this out of proportion? Photos taken immediately after didn't show the Mayor wet. Just like when the press took pictures behind his house the night he had a run in with Daniel Dale showed two cinderblocks five feet apart, but when the Mayor took the news cameras there the next morning they were near the fence and on top of each other...

I suspect folks are just sarcasticly using the Pro-Ford crowds' deflection techniques for the benefit of Ms. Everett, just to highlight to them how absurd these contortions are when made in support of the Mayor. You know that circumstantial evidence is a legal and powerful thing, right? And not just when attacking those whose beliefs are unlike your own, right?

Not to mention that there is a teeny weeny bit of a case to be made for the Fords having blown this out of proportion? Photos taken immediately after didn't show the Mayor wet. Just like when the press took pictures behind his house the night he had a run in with Daniel Dale showed two cinderblocks five feet apart, but when the Mayor took the news cameras there the next morning they were near the fence and on top of each other...

Most of JBWF's post is quite serious, as he's flat-out suggesting Ford is lying about this assault. However, I do realize some people here are using pro-Ford deflection techniques sarcastically, as I've mentioned in one of my prior responses.

As I also mentioned before, though, the sarcasm is being used here to avoid acknowledging or addressing that Ford was the victim of assault. It would be one thing to make some sarcastic comments upon the event happening, but people are doing so in response to me saying that its ridiculous for Ford to be criticized when even the victim of assault. Sarcasm is just being used to avoid acknowledging that there is some ridiculous anti-Ford sentiment out there.

In this case, I don't think the mayor can be blamed for taking things out of proportion. He really hasn't said much about this, beyond that it happened and it was wrong. That's about it. It's really been the media, from The Sun to The Star, who have been fueling this story with multiple write-ups about the situation and even Everett. I really don't see how the blame can reasonably be pinned on Ford this time around.

The original reports were that a slushie or something similar was thrown at Rob Ford and that it landed at his feet. Then the story morphed into it to hitting him, he claimed something to have burned his face and on & on. I'm not sure what to believe but this piece of drama by the "lone crazy woman" seems to be quickly entering fantasy-land.

In this case, I don't think the mayor can be blamed for taking things out of proportion. He really hasn't said much about this, beyond that it happened and it was wrong. That's about it. It's really been the media, from The Sun to The Star, who have been fueling this story with multiple write-ups about the situation and even Everett. I really don't see how the blame can reasonably be pinned on Ford this time around.

If a drink is thrown in your direction and a little bit splashes on you, you're blowing it out of proportion if you go around the media saying it's assault, this is a democracy, etc etc etc. As the Fords have been doing.
Especially when they don't have any proof that it happened ;)

EDIT: Basically, this is Rob Ford

Last edited:
If a drink is thrown in your direction and a little bit splashes on you, you're blowing it out of proportion if you go around the media saying it's assault, this is a democracy, etc etc etc. As the Fords have been doing.
Especially when they don't have any proof that it happened ;)

EDIT: Basically, this is Rob Ford

The lesson to take away from this is if you throw a drink that lands near someone's feet, and you still get charged with assault, then next time you might just as well aim for them square in the face so you at least get your money's worth.

I think both Chow and Stintz would make good city builders, good coalition builders and they would both place a very high priority on transit. They're both very intelligent women who outclass Ford in just about every imaginable category. I'd happily vote for either of them, so if it ends up as those two against Ford, my vote would likely go to whoever has the best chance of beating him at the time.

Another Ford win today. The more he shakes his haters the stronger he gets, Chow and Stintz have enough flaws to expose and hopefully defeat in the next election.

So is it fair to say that the suburban voters will pretty much control the outcome of the next election? Downtowners will obviously not vote for Ford. It's up to his opponent(s) to convince people in Etobicoke, Scarborough etc..to not vote for Ford. Stintz has more of a chance with them than Chow does, in my opinion. Or has "Ford Nation" crumbled already to the point that people that voted for him last time around will not do so next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back