News   Jul 23, 2024
 513     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 579     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

If anything, urbandreamer is a self-supremacist.
:p

The reality--stats Canada could back up my claims, sorry too lazy and tired to bother right now, just going on memory and on my recent 905 drives--is most immigrants, whether white, brown, black, yellow, pink or green (what, no blue ones?) are moving to the 905 and dare I say, increasingly the 519! Anyone else driven through Brampton, Markham, Thornhill, Oakville, Milton, Orangeville, Mississauga, Oshawa etc lately? Anyone else worked a ton of temp jobs lately, especially in the manufacturing and warehouse business?

But, this is just typical immigration patterns continuing.... In 1820, where did most of the empire loyalists end up? You guessed it, what became the 905 and 519. Many immigrants want land, new beginnings, new new new new!

Just look at the population growth on the 2006 census--iirc, Toronto did not increase in population by 150,000/year. Most went to the 905.

So, is speaking the truth racist or just politically incorrect?

I will never be pc! (Or vote pc. :p)

re: the Tamil boat people. Never crossed my mind. Out of sight out of mind. The issue is beyond my control. Until I've met them personally, why would I care?

Last edited:
^Coltaine, you are very ignorant of Toronto. There are still many rednecks in this town. Hell, today I was coming back from a job interview when such a redneck (Portuguese construction worker) shouted some slur at me.

Racists? Yep, I've met many...including at Liberal fundraisers!

who's the bigot now?

You, unless you care to cite some examples of anyone being referred to as a redneck that was not white. Redneck is a common derogatory term used against white people. Since you know of it's existence, you surely must also understand the connotation it carries.

It's amazing how the more controvercy Ford creates, the bigger his name and supporters get! Kinda funny really!

I feel like Rob ford Supporters need to pump their chest and not be ashamed of it. lol..

Wow, how pathetic are you? Why don't you cite some examples of my bigotry...since you so enjoy demanding examples from everyone else.

I'm asking one specific poster (not everyone else... nice embellishment) to qualify a claim that another poster is a bigot because the quote he cited in calling said poster a bigot had nothing bigoted in it. His qualification was that this person was outed as a bigot on another post. I asked him kindly to link to it, and he hasn't. If someone makes an accusation like that, I think it quite reasonable to ask that they can back it up.

You just called me a bigot, and I asked you to qualify it....you obviously can't.
You're no better then anyone else in this thread.

It's all gumdrops and lollipops till someone shuts down a major highway in support of a terroist orginization.
Surely that protest was against the fear of genocide being carried out by the Sinhalese majority. Sure, some of the protesters might support a terrorist ogranization ... but I don't think all the protesters supported a terrorist (or even a terroist) organization.

And as for terrorist organizations ... if we banned people living in Quebec from speaking French in their own province ... I'd bet we'd have some issues here ... like what happened in Sri Lanka.

The whole Sri Lankan thing started with the bigotry of the Sinhalese majority. It's ironic that evil people, such as Rob Ford, and his supporters, want to risk civil unrest with the white supremecist views.

Back