News   Jun 07, 2024
 81     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 725     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Most distressing from Ford last night, I thought, was his belief that he could make up the billion dollars in revenue brought in by the Toronto vehicle registration fee and Land Transfer Tax (both of which he intends to cut) by cancelling Waterfront Toronto's study to remove the Gardiner east of Jarvis street. That's right: he plans to make up for a billion dollars in lost revenue by cancelling a (not even on the books yet) one-time expenditure of 300 million dollars.

Eveyrone is getting flustered at Rob Ford, but the fact that he's leading the polls is a reflection of the attitude of Torontonians. Perhaps we should all look at ourselves before we actually call the kettle black.

That being said, he sure knows how to self destruct. But was that ever a question?

His ultra right-winged views still suprise me. Like who's his political advisor? lol.

Is this how Rob Ford wants to get on the good side of his in-laws (Rob Ford's wife has a Polish background)? Being against refugees coming to Canada and Toronto? Isn't that a federal responsibility anyways?

Someone should buy Ford a copy of "Local Government for Beginners" as I question how much he knows about the mayoral position and what it entails. First he proclaims that as mayor he would have taken a much more bold approach during G20, despite the police response being completely outside of his hands. Now he goes so far as to refuse refugees entrance to the city.

And to think for the past seven years "King David" or "His Blondeness" has been accused of being an overly authoritative bully taking control of every aspect of municipal decision making. Miller looks like a featherweight compared to Ford's iron-fisted approach to city politics.

Didn't know we had white supremacists on UT... good to know, now I can add one of you wastes of skin to my ignore list.

Ok, I missed the part in the quote that makes unrbandreamer a white supremacist. Could you please qualify your accusation?

In fact, your accusation is implying that all immigrants are non whites? Would that not make you somewhat bigoted?

Eveyrone is getting flustered at Rob Ford, but the fact that he's leading the polls is a reflection of the attitude of Torontonians. Perhaps we should all look at ourselves before we actually call the kettle black.

Well, that was before he went on record with the anti-immigrant commentary. Let's see how far he gets now.

How can you expect to win mayoralty if the entire population of Scarborough (Chinese + Tamils) hate you? And I highly doubt the Muslims will throw in with him either.
We already know the GLBTs won't. Nor will the "downtown liberals".

So who's left to vote for him? I thought most of the rednecks and racists had moved to Burlington and Oshawa by now.

Ok, I missed the part in the quote that makes unrbandreamer a white supremacist. Could you please qualify your accusation?

In fact, your accusation is implying that all immigrants are non whites? Would that not make you somewhat bigoted?

You don't have to be Max Planck to realize that any sort of anti-immigrant/anti-refugee sentiment arising in the context of the past week will be in direct response to the Tamil boat people arriving off the shores of Victoria.

So yes, I believe that the vast majority of anti-immigrant/anti-refugee views being expressed at the moment is an example of latent racism towards non-whites, or at least a certain segment of non-whites.

urbandreamer has already outed himself as anti-immigrant in another thread today or yesterday, so why don't you "man up" and accuse him of bigotry?

You don't have to be Max Planck to realize that any sort of anti-immigrant/anti-refugee sentiment arising in the context of the past week will be in direct response to the Tamil boat people arriving off the shores of Victoria.

So yes, I believe that the vast majority of anti-immigrant/anti-refugee views being expressed at the moment is an example of latent racism towards non-whites, or at least a certain segment of non-whites.

urbandreamer has already outed himself as anti-immigrant in another thread today or yesterday, so why don't you "man up" and accuse him of bigotry?

Because you already have accused him. But you still haven't qualified your accusation that he is a bigot. Where in his post was that gem gleaned? Sorry, I just don't see it. IMO, it is more rooted in you personal hatred for urbandreamer, however, that you don't like a person does not a reason make. If he has outed himself in another post, please provide a link to it. The only thing worse than a racist or bigot is someone that uses the accusation of same as a weapon.

Back