News   Jul 23, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 512     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.3K     3 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Funny thing is, both the illustrated cases have more in common with the "Ford demo" than anything...

FS:

Now I admit that I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of same-sex marriage, my struggles with finding a man that will date me more than once are well known.

First of all, you having troubles with finding the right man does NOT and should NOT translate into a rationale not supporting the right of others to have access to the institution. Second, have you considered for once that the trouble with finding someone isn't with the whole wide world, but yourself (like that whole "lifestyle choice" episode)?

AoD

From the article:
Mr. Ford had proposed during the council budget debate in 2007, calling for sidewalk plowing to be eliminated city-wide for a savings of more than $13-million.

“Now the good news,†Mr. Smitherman said, “is that that vote was defeated 34-8. It certainly wasn’t as he described it just now.â€

Seniors would have been stuck snowbound in their homes by Mr. Ford's proposal, unable to get along the streets to the bus stops unless they paid someone to clear the sidewalk or had the good fortune of kind neighbours or the snows melted. I know we are supposed to clear the sidewalks ourselves, but I have seen sidewalks not cleared for long stretches of time.

I'm really surprised Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky and West Virginia aren't on that list. But just a little bit of info. It's legal in Canada to marry your Aunt or Uncle (blood relative).

Actually, even more telling was the live blog from yesterday:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/toronto-mayoral-debate/article1669471/

2:38 kellygrant1: Wait! Pay question is back! Pants says he'd ask for more money from prov and feds; Ford says he'd save $300-million by cancelling ... [via Twitter]
2:40 kellygrant1: ...Gardiner teardown, which council has not approved, nor allocated money for. No savings to be had there. #voteTO [via Twitter]
2:42 kellygrant1: Smither is socking it to Ford: You voted to eliminate snow-clearing, voted to gut 311 service, on which seniors rely. #voteTO [via Twitter]
2:45 kellygrant1: Ford says he moved to end snow-clearing on dead-end streets; Smither busts out a failed Ford motion to kill ALL sidewalk plowing. Zing. [via Twitter]

AoD

I still find Smitherman's qualifications a bit questionable, but I have to admit that it's nice to see someone finally challenging Ford. The dude's weak spots include: knowledge of the city's finances, its policies, its culture and its needs.

Can you imagine how screwed up the city would be if they stopped plowing sidewalks?

From the article:

Seniors would have been stuck snowbound in their homes by Mr. Ford's proposal, unable to get along the streets to the bus stops unless they paid someone to clear the sidewalk or had the good fortune of kind neighbours or the snows melted. I know we are supposed to clear the sidewalks ourselves, but I have seen sidewalks not cleared for long stretches of time.

It is already the responsibility of property owners to keep the sidewalks in front of their properties clear. The city also has a program to help those unable to do so.
http://www.toronto.ca/transportation/snow/sidewalks.htm

+1

The structure isn't working. When people like Bristol Palin has a baby out of wedlock and then breaks her engagement with Todd after realizing he's more interested in being famous than in being a dad, you can see that heterosexuals don't need gays to destroy the institution of marriage, they're doing a great job themselves. I also heard on The O'Reilly Factor that 34% of babies being born in America belong to single mothers. In fact, some women even choose to be single-parents, in spite of how much more expensive is to raise a child when you don't have a partner paying for half your bills.

Just for the record, Todd is married to that whackjob Sarah. Bristol's on again, off again toyboy & papa to baby Tripp is Levi.

Last edited:
So apparently Ford now has a 9 nine point lead over the next in line. Aren't we getting really close to the election now? I'm kinda scared, lol.

I'd be tempted to say something like "If Ford wins, I'm moving back to ..." but I lose money on my condo if I sell now :p

Back