News   Jul 26, 2024
 828     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Donate all your money for all I care. Just don't be generous with other people's money.

It's not being generous, it's not donating, it's paying for what you are getting. If you want to go out into the wild with John Zerzan and the Uni Bomber and live completely off the grid with none of modern societies tools and simply live off of the small amount of land that you have been able to acquire, then I would completely support you for tax exempt status. But, you chose to live in a city, in a community, in a society. These have many tangible benefits and costs. You choose to live with the benefits, you pay to price, but don't try turning a city into an individualistic paradise.

It's not being generous, it's not donating, it's paying for what you are getting. If you want to go out into the wild with John Zerzan and the Uni Bomber and live completely off the grid with none of modern societies tools and simply live off of the small amount of land that you have been able to acquire, then I would completely support you for tax exempt status. But, you chose to live in a city, in a community, in a society. These have many tangible benefits and costs. You choose to live with the benefits, you pay to price, but don't try turning a city into an individualistic paradise.

Well, as part of the city, I have as much right to decide its future as you. And sounds like the city disagrees with you.

Of course, even if Ford does get elected, we would still need to watch what he does. Cutting taxes is actually not the important part. Everybody can cut taxes. Cutting unnecessary services, now that takes guts. You are right, while we can improve efficiency, taxes are required to maintain a certain level of services, but who said we need all the services that the city is currently offering?

give it up...hating people for not being politically correct is the same thing as being a bigot.

And how does that reflect on Mr. Miller as the mayor? 7 years ago, Toronto was this progressive, tolerate, welcoming city. Now, close to 50% of the people are bigots. What would happen if the left controlled the city hall for another 7 years? We would live in a city full of bigots. Yeah, great job, Mr. Mayor.

Bigoted against bigots. I admit it ... I hate racist bigots.

This is from wikipedia:

"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs or genetics."

It's not something to be proud of no mater what is it you are against. It's one thing to be against something for good rational reasons, it's another to be a bigot.

give it up...hating people for not being politically correct is the same thing as being a bigot.
Discriminating based on race or sexual orientation is not being politically correct?

Obviously discriminating based on sexual orientation is vile, repugnant, not socially-acceptable, and not something that we should accept in a political candidate. To simply write off such stuff as not being politically correct is white-washing a serious issue.

Discriminating based on race or sexual orientation is not being politically correct?

Obviously discriminating based on sexual orientation is vile, repugnant, not socially-acceptable, and not something that we should accept in a political candidate. To simply write off such stuff as not being politically correct is white-washing a serious issue.

where do you come up with this stuff? I think you've proven yourself to be the biggest bigot on this board.

Guarantee you that there is WAY MORE RACIAL diversity in Fords Volunteers than that of Pantalone.

You want 'angry old white guys'? Go to see the Social Elitist volunteers that are on the Pantalones club. Their the self righteous, Annex living, semi-retired executives that have this rediculous 'angry' look when you speak to them about Ford.

Yet, they still manage to blame our tax increases on a government that hasn't been in power for almost a decade. Remember, McGuintye brand of Liberal is a very left leaning one, not the more centrist Liberals that we are generally accustomed to.

Perhaps you should volunteer for a mayor and go canvassing instead of living in your own bubble.

Last edited:
Guarantee you that there is WAY MORE RACIAL diversity in Fords Volunteers than that of Pantalone.
And yet Ford is clearly the one who is out there trashing gays and wanting to stop immigrants.

The pictures I've seen of Fords people are very white. If there is any truth to your claim (which does happen from time-to-time) I guess his support is comprised of both bigots and people who are so ignorant they don't realise they are suppprting a bigot.

Last edited:
Or maybe he has a side deal going with them...

"Pssst, hey Mr. Somalian Association guy... get your folks to help me out on the campaign trail and when i win the election i'll fast track that community centre/mosque/whatever you were bugging me about..."

And yet Ford is clearly the one who is out there trashing gays and wanting to stop immigrants.

The pictures I've seen of Fords people are very white. If there is any truth to your claim (which does happen from time-to-time) I guess his support is comprised of both bigots and people who are so ignorant they don't realise they are suppprting a bigot.

Well, 47.8% of Etobicoke population were immigrants as of 2006.

Also, I don't remember Rob Ford wanting to stop immigrants. He said he doesn't want refugees who need additional city resources. I am sure if a corrupted Chinese official wanted to bring $5 million dollars to the city, Rob Ford would welcome him with open arms. Maybe it's stereotyping to think all refugees are poor, but I sense it's more about money than race.

I don't know, but on the CP24 debate he said he's going to get rid of the bedbugs. I wonder if he's personally going to steam clean every infested location?

Sounds good, and then after he's solved that problem here, he can help out New York, Montreal, Chicago, Miami and all those other cities who can't seem to get rid of their bugs. Can you imagine how proud we will be of our mayor when he becomes a world famous bug fighter. Forget Rob Ford the "Supervillian", he'll become a SUPER HERO! I can picture him now, in his tights.

And how does that reflect on Mr. Miller as the mayor? 7 years ago, Toronto was this progressive, tolerate, welcoming city. Now, close to 50% of the people are bigots. What would happen if the left controlled the city hall for another 7 years? We would live in a city full of bigots. Yeah, great job, Mr. Mayor.
So Mayor Miller created an atmosphere which allowed bigotry to increase exponentially, and therefore, since apparently only bigots support Ford, Miller is responsible for Ford leading the polls.

See what happens when people make blanket statements?

Back