News   Jun 26, 2024
 139     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

Exhibition station will certainly look better once the Gardiner has been rehabilitated. Hopefully there's plans to put some proper lighting under the highway, close to the station.
They're supposed to connect dufferin loop but that was approved in 2019 with no progress so far

They're supposed to connect dufferin loop but that was approved in 2019 with no progress so far
The loop will be the last thing to be done as it needs a bridge to run on, not what there now. Until the Gardiner is completed, cannot run an east-west track while work is taking place. Be lucky to see it open by 2030 at this time

The loop will be the last thing to be done as it needs a bridge to run on, not what there now. Until the Gardiner is completed, cannot run an east-west track while work is taking place. Be lucky to see it open by 2030 at this time
That makes sense, but it was depressing not being able to see any updates in the last 5 years, even an assessment or something

Here are some very hastily uploaded photos!
IMG_9056.jpeg
IMG_9055.jpeg
IMG_9051.jpeg
IMG_9052.jpeg
IMG_9053.jpeg
IMG_9054.jpeg
IMG_9049.jpeg
IMG_9048.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9050.jpeg
    IMG_9050.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 16
Is it wrong that part of me wants somebody to go in there with spray paint and make some of Kotsy's more colourful tags a reality?

If you do, don't forget to take some pix 😎

---

Rehab update from Monday. I haven't taken this many demolition pics since The Guvernment was torn down 🤣

Z8P_9696.jpg
Z8P_9707.jpg
Z8P_9710.jpg
Z8P_9715.jpg
Z8P_9718.jpg
Z8P_9727 .jpg
Z8P_9730 .jpg
Z8P_9737.jpg
Z8P_9742.jpg
Z8P_98212.jpg

I wonder if they will have the area around Exhibition Place wrapped up before the CNE.

Judging by these pictures I can foresee some issues come August.

I wonder if they will have the area around Exhibition Place wrapped up before the CNE.

Judging by these pictures I can foresee some issues come August.
They're removing the road bed between each bent every 2-3 days so that work should be done in the GO area in the next week or so. The work they do after road bed removal (drilling concrete out of the rebar and rebar trimming) may be a close call but I don't see why they couldn't just pause the section at the GO passageway and move on to the fenced off streetcar loop area while the CNE operates. If the plan is to do demolish the entire stretch first and then start building the new bent topper and road bed, then I don't expect that to happen until fall at the earliest.

Went for another visit yesterday and wrongfully assume they ripped down another bents' length of road bed. Didn't realize until after editing all these shots so here they are anyways 🤣

Z8P_0107.jpg
Z8P_0110.jpg
Z8P_0113.jpg
Z8P_0122.jpg
Z8P_0125.jpg
Z8P_0128.jpg
Z8P_0141.jpg
Z8P_0149.jpg
Z8P_0209.jpg

The overcast sky made these images turn out better than the last batch which was all backlit, so I guess it's not a total loss.

Nice photos! Didn't realize they would be reconstructing the pier caps. I need to get my hands on some of the drawings...

I hope people see these and realize why the project cannot be completed in one year if they just work 24/7/365 lol

I learned during the eclipse a lot of the lights are light activated (those little "hats" on most are light sensors. I wonder if the ones under the gardiner are on a schedule, and how often they are updated?

Back