News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Riverdale

The endomorphic couch left at the corner of Logan and Langley last week was but a charred, smouldering shadow of its former self a couple of mornings later.

Several rootballed trees delivered, just to the north of the clubhouse, today - black maple, dawn redwood, bur oak and others.

Several rootballed trees delivered, just to the north of the clubhouse, today - black maple, dawn redwood, bur oak and others.

Trees have now been planted, on both sides of the driveway down to the washrooms. Looks like they were added to disguise the path they used to move the clubhouse. It's really going to be quite a forest here in a few years.

Good. On a more modest scale, I bought a fragrant viburnum at Bill's on Pape over the weekend and moved quite a few perennials to the front garden.

A nice weekend of gardening - or, to be more precise, moving most of my back garden to the front of the house. Trips to Bill's on Pape and Sheridan at Yonge and Lawrence. Always room for a few more perennials.

Picked rhubarb and cooked it - my second crop of the year. And, oh my, the gooseberries are coming along nicely.

Then, last night, to the firework display in Withrow Park. Every year more people, with a fire truck parked on Logan this year.

Then, last night, to the firework display in Withrow Park. Every year more people, with a fire truck parked on Logan this year.

I highly recommend the extra 10 minute walk over to Phin Park (behind Eastern Commerce, east of Jones). Some semi-pros gather donations from The Pocket nabe and do a great show.

Have you tried the cafe on Broadview near Riverdale yet? I haven't, but my neighbours speak well of it. Great location.

I bought a condo at the Ninety, 90 Broadview (south of Queen). What do you guys think about the location of this building? I have never lived in that area. Is there any park close to this building? is it secure to walk around the area? how about food stores, restaurants, bars? thanks for your comments.

I bought it just for investment, not thinking to move there. Beautiful building, great finishes, close to the downtown core and very good price. however I am thinking now to move there for a while when the building is ready, that is why I wanted to hear some comments from people living or familiar with this area.

I bought it just for investment, not thinking to move there. Beautiful building, great finishes, close to the downtown core and very good price. however I am thinking now to move there for a while when the building is ready, that is why I wanted to hear some comments from people living or familiar with this area.

Fair enough. My wife used to have a shop on Queen East, and it's a thriving strip. Loic has gourmet takeout the condo-dwellers love, Ambiance Chocolat pours a mean cup of coffee and throws in a chocolate for the price, Bonjour Brioche baker Henri Fesson bakes a very tasty croissant. I'd say the best thing about 90 Broadview, though, is that by the time it's built, the Don River Park should be completed -- you'll be a ten minute bike/fifteen minute walk from a fabulous new park.

I've noticed that a new storefront has gone in on the north side of Danforth, just east of Pape. The signage is very vague, just the name "CCMC", and a logo that looks like a stylized marijuana leaf. Is this a medical marijuana club, or is my imagination wildly overactive?

I've been to &Co's new Albany Clinic on Broadview a couple of times recently, to have my various bizarre medical conditions attended to within the limits of medical science. Other than the temporary signage tacked to the walls, and the lack of a sense of purpose to the main entrance lobby, it was a considerably more pleasant experience than visiting their cramped former location. The above-street-level reception areas on the west side of the building are bright and pleasant, the rooms tend to be larger than before, there are windows at the ends of hallways, and the staff seem more relaxed.

Back