1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 638     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

Rishi Sunak's United Kingdom

Story from The Star on the resignation:

Apparently he will stay on until fall.

I doubt he will. There is enough pressure on him to disappear far deeper than Jimmy Hoffa.

From what I gather, he is deeply unpopular within the party. No doubt they want him excised as soon as possible to right the ship.
Deeply unpopular with them, yet they knowingly elected a well known trainwreck...

BJ.jpg

If that is actually the reason why, I would fully expect the knives to come out.

I recall reading somewhere that Labour would hold a vote of no-confidence if he refused to leave immediately.
Yes, Labour says they will but it seems very unwise to me - if Boris lost there would need to be an election and most Conservatives do NOT want one as they will probably lose. They might 'hold their noses' and vote confidence. Boris would doubtless then maintain he HAD confidence.....

Britain is melting!

Temperatures there may crest 40 degrees Celsius (before factoring in humidity); with a temperature at midnight tonight forecast to be 29 degrees.

The high temperatures, as one expects are causing serious problems, as they have and would here.....

But where here, many renters/tenants lack central a/c and some lack any at all; the majority of British homes, offices and schools all lack a/c.

Contemplate for a moment that London's latitude is north of Calgary's........ and it (the UK) benefits from being surrounded by water in terms of temperature moderation.

Britain is melting!

Temperatures there may crest 40 degrees Celsius (before factoring in humidity); with a temperature at midnight tonight forecast to be 29 degrees.

The high temperatures, as one expects are causing serious problems, as they have and would here.....

But where here, many renters/tenants lack central a/c and some lack any at all; the majority of British homes, offices and schools all lack a/c.

Contemplate for a moment that London's latitude is north of Calgary's........ and it (the UK) benefits from being surrounded by water in terms of temperature moderation.
All the heat and humidity must be making a mess of Johnson's coiffure.

Back