News   Apr 26, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 279     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 466     0 

Rishi Sunak's United Kingdom

I can only imagine. Years ago, I would occasionally take a very early subway to Union from McCowan in the summer and surmised they were transporting fish in the overnight hours.

I was there a few years ago and I remember they even had windows that open - and it was already fetid in May. Given how grimy the actual tunnels were, blowing the nose after riding in one of these open window trains turned out to be quite the shocker.

AoD

Looks like Liz Truss is going to hit a Kim Campbell-like glass cliff.

I see she is deeply unpopular with European allies:

She seems to be championing a serious rift with E-U over Northern Ireland, which could end in a hard border between it and Ireland; which could, in turn, prompt a secession movement in that province, and possibly civil strife.

From the UK:

Charles and William are traveling to Balmoral.

Something tells me there is more to this than the palace is letting on.

This appears to be more serious than a common cold. I'd be more worried if Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and especially Prince Harry started visiting.

*UPDATE* I happen to have friends who work in the UK Government offices in Whitehall. They are taking this quite seriously over there from what I understand.

The UK Government has been put on alert internally.

Judging by how the BBC is acting and how many people are going to Balmoral I suspect we are about to see the accession of King Charles III.
I think he might choose a different name, as was nearly always the case except for HM QE2. Plus there's the sorry history of the first King Charles. Charles the First was captured by the anti-monarchist Oliver Cromwell and upon refusing to submit, was executed in 1649.

Back