News   May 17, 2024
 7.1K     7 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

This is almost done and very nice. Glazed-brick walls framing a steel gate:

2E211C34-DDF6-4436-8B0F-8EA951606503.jpeg
5CDF3F3C-5B54-48DF-8518-CED6D304D5EF.jpeg

And the “alley” itself

CA2D70ED-2D60-4CA1-879B-C090CE3B7730.jpeg

Definitely a neat space, would love to see more alleyway animation like this around the city. I only worry for those trees though; they're pretty boxed in by hardscaping and with only a north facing opening, will they get enough light? Locust trees generally like full sun.

They were planted at least two years ago and already appear worse off, not leafing out on the lower half of the canopy:

Untitled7.jpg

Howdy Sterling Peeps! The corner unit in the building where Sterling turns east is being renovated. No one I asked knows what’s up but I would bet it is either retail or a brewpub/restaurant.
IMG_2385.jpeg

Though I have to say most of the cooked food from T&T looked better than it tasted (bland).

AoD

All I remember what was great about T&T's hot food section was the prices were determined by the amount of food you took and they charge you by the weight. But it has been a while.

Their hand-rolled rice balls were amazing though.

All I remember what was great about T&T's hot food section was the prices were determined by the amount of food you took and they charge you by the weight. But it has been a while.

Their hand-rolled rice balls were amazing though.

It still is - though the prices aren't that cheap either.

Their hand-rolled rice balls (savory ones?) are all pre-made now - I remember it used to be made-to-order with a huge variety of fillings. No more.

AoD

Back