News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Wendy's is definitely underrated in the burger and chicken tender department. I also think Wendy's has the best value and variety out of all the fast food chains.

Honestly, Wendys does have the best value.

McDonalds is stupidly overpriced now and not really worth it. I prefer Wendy's over McDonalds any day of the week.

I know, @evandyk above is on point, I specifically said IF we were going the Burger Chain route....
Wendy's is ten times better. I've had both South Street and Priest. I'll take Wendy's over both any day.
(I wish I could say the same about other places, but I can't)
As I said, I welcome more Wendy's locations.

Wendy's is ten times better. I've had both South Street and Priest. I'll take Wendy's over both any day.
(I wish I could say the same about other places, but I can't)
As I said, I welcome more Wendy's locations.

We fundamentally disagree. Wendy's burgers are forgettable; their fries could be mistaken for flavourless cardboard.

Burgers Priest is not terrible. I do like the Four Horseman Burger.

Z9O9KcM.jpeg

Btw - this is what real discussion in society should be. Let's talk burgers - bring numbers and facts - and take things into the next level.

I'll put my two cents - Slayer Burger on Queen East is great. Any spot that gives you the choice of fries or onion rings for the combo is a hit. The burgers have toasted buns, which makes the crunch a lot more satisfying than a soggy bun.

The prices at McDonalds have definitely taken things to a whole new level. When a quarter pounder meal is $11 and a mcdouble meal is $8.29...well, we're getting into Subway prices. Not sure if you've seen, but a cold cut footlong starts at $9.49. I remember the days of the $5 footlong?

The prices at McDonalds have definitely taken things to a whole new level. When a quarter pounder meal is $11 and a mcdouble meal is $8.29...well, we're getting into Subway prices. Not sure if you've seen, but a cold cut footlong starts at $9.49. I remember the days of the $5 footlong?

It was close to $17.00 for a Large Sized 10 Nugget Combo with a bottle of water recently. Compare that with Wendy's which is a few dollars cheaper.

Btw - this is what real discussion in society should be. Let's talk burgers - bring numbers and facts - and take things into the next level.

LOL

I'll put my two cents - Slayer Burger on Queen East is great. Any spot that gives you the choice of fries or onion rings for the combo is a hit.

I actually disagree with combos existing at all, as they tend to promote over consumption. I know when I've gone to KFC and I certainly don't want to pay for the cardboard they pass off as fries, then I look at the cost of ordering the chicken and the drink separately and find it essentially the same, I'm tempted to order the fries even if I don't want them just to avoid feeling fleeced!

But I do agree that if you must have combos, they provide a choice of sides.

Also, I've never tried Slayer burger, you made me look it up.

The burgers have toasted buns, which makes the crunch a lot more satisfying than a soggy bun.

100%

I don't mind paying $15 for a burger and a side; but it needs to be really good.

$11 is a problem at McDs, because the burger just isn't very good at all. The fries are still decent; but not enough to make me patronize more than once every three years.

I haven't been to Wendy's since before the pandemic. Maybe I should give it another try.

As I mentioned, I really liked the burger at Friday the other day. But at their prices, it's more of a treat than something I could get for lunch regularly.

Are you originally from Calgary? LOL

I just looked it up, that's is the most Wendy's City in Canada by location count (23) or location count per capita, at least among larger centres. (1.6 locations per 100,000 pop.)

Toronto, by comparison has 14 locations, (0.46 locations per 100,000 pop)
Born and raised in Toronto. I LOVE Wendy's burgers. + there are also locations for take out only, no dine in. It's just a truck parked in a lot. (ie College and Spadina)

Until October 31st, the $5 footlong is sort of back. 50% off a foot long when you sign up and agree to have the app. That gets you 50% off of $9.49, but if it's a more expensive sub it might come to closer to $6 (or so) depending on the footlong.
Still, a great deal, but it's only a one time thing.

Back