News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 604     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Amusingly, that Toronto Life article (at least for me) has a link to their article about the space where two food halls have failed in the Annex. I think the right mix in the right space might work in the Annex, but without a strong lunch or tourist crowd, it's probably hard.

Amusingly, that Toronto Life article (at least for me) has a link to their article about the space where two food halls have failed in the Annex. I think the right mix in the right space might work in the Annex, but without a strong lunch or tourist crowd, it's probably hard.

The Annex space is quite close to U of T.

That's where any bread and butter lies.

You're going after the same students and faculty that need a quick bite between classes.

I think there's a market there; but price point is key as is speed of service; and your target market needs to know you exist.

The one Annex space had terrible signage and profile on its Bloor frontage.

You want a flanking patio and windows that open out on to Bloor making a real statement.

Finally, you want to find a niche within the above that's underserved in the area, if you can.

To note the "Paros" greek aegean cuisine... I wonder where they get the inspiration from! "hinted another 2 well-known Greek spot via Ossington.

Pearl Yorkville is currently in their soft opening phase:

It's an odd location for an upscale restaurant. The location of the former Crown Princess restaurant nearby on Bay would've been a better fit. Maybe it wasn't available or too expensive, although you'd think the landlord would be willing to negotiate given that it's been vacant since the pandemic.

Pearl is located across the street from popular mainstay Okonomi House, which serves authentic Kansai-style okonomiyaki, which is like a pancake, albeit with embedded fillings inside.

The okonomiyaki tastes good and it's a great value too!

The Retail Insider coverage of Pret a Manger has the first note of the future JOEY on King Street.

Pret a Manager is not going to be half as good as the locations in the UK.

It is one of those gimmicks designed to make money but is not as good as the original. I have been to Pret in the UK much like other people in this forum have, no doubt they will be disappointed when they try it here.

Back