News   Jul 25, 2024
 763     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 678     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 509     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

This sucks for local residents. The notice says "join us at our nearest location *just* down the street at 345 Bloor" Bloor and Sherbourne is NOT *just* down the street from Broadview and Danforth. Surprised that McDonalds didn't open another location nearby before closing this location. Right now there must be many retail spaces opening up and fast food places like McDonald's have proved to be pandemic-proof.

A McDonald's closing can hardly be described as "sucking".

The Sherbourne location has some "interesting" clientele. I've been there a few times and had a few encounters of the third kind.

I wonder if McDonalds is going to downsize like Starbucks did.

Which McDick's location doesn't attract a steady flow of "interesting" clientele?

This fad will wear off soon hopefully.

Jollibee is overpriced and nothing special to be honest. I was at their Scarborough location awhile ago and didn't really enjoy waiting 20 minutes in line (pre pandemic) for chicken legs and fries. It's a hyped up Filipino KFC, nothing more and I don't see the appeal.

Same goes for Chick-fil-a it's just another chicken restaurant with an insane lineup.

The point I'm making here is that everyone seems to be opening a chicken place for whatever reason. Once people lose interest it won't be pretty.

I don't get the appeal of these places..

I don't understand the appeal either. It's...fried chicken. It's been around forever. What are Jollibee and Chick-Fil-A doing differently with goddamn fried chicken than the other chains to justify standing in lineups and overpaying for shitty food??

Those damn civilized Europeans!

The Mcdonalds in Budapests Western Railway station is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. See here in this image from u/littlebakewell on Reddit.

Mcdonalds.jpg

Asian Bowl, a Vietnamese restaurant on Yonge Street just south of Dundas Square has closed, as it's become unsustainable with the sharp decline in tourists, downtown workers, shoppers and theatre goers in the area. Rent for the unit were reportedly $40,000 per month.

Last edited:
I watched a guy take a leak on a sign outside a Starbucks at Yonge and Eglinton today

I've never witnessed that in Toronto in 33 years - but I saw it many times during the week I spent in Rome. As we arrived at our hotel, on a hot and dry day, I had to warn my friend: "Don't step in that puddle. It's not water."

Asian Bowl, a Vietnamese restaurant on Yonge Street just south of Dundas Square has closed, as it's become unsustainable with the sharp decline in tourists, downtown workers and theatre goers in the area. Rent for the unit were reportedly $40,000 per month.

Oh great another empty papered up store front downtown. :( The poor guy has been there 11 years and the landlord couldn't give the guy a break? So now the rich landlord will have an empty store front for months maybe even years until some generic corporate chain takes over. Just sad.

Oh great another empty papered up store front downtown. :( The poor guy has been there 11 years and the landlord couldn't give the guy a break? So now the rich landlord will have an empty store front for months maybe even years until some generic corporate chain takes over. Just sad.

With the way things have been going, it wouldn't be surprising if this ends up being another fast food chain or cannabis store.

The city needs to introduce a tax on vacant store fronts. Rents would come down as landlords try to keep their spaces occupied

Back