News   Aug 09, 2024
 346     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 478     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 942     0 

Pride 2009!

Maybe to start a Pride 2010 thread?

Couldn't have asked for better weather. Yeah, it was hot, but it didn't rain. At first, it sucked because I was in the sun, and couldn't see over any of the people in front of me (I am not tall). And then the nicest man you'll ever meet bought me a stool, on which I perched. I could see everything, and it was great.

The pro and anti Israeli sentiment was about the same, so they cancelled each other out, fairly.

Imagine if The (actual) Queen rode down on a float? That would have been more than epic.

Murray, Rae, Wynne, Chen, Layton, Chow, Rossi, Thompson, Smitherman but no David Miller and Bill Blair.... I thought that was odd.

I gardened instead - picked, cooked and strained redcurrants and blackcurrants for making jam, and picked gooseberries for the freezer. And planted some toadflax - a pretty weed that I'd found growing on King Street near where Trouble In River City is going - between the "real" flowers in my front garden.

Heard all the Pride noise from downtown though. And there was a loud backyard party with scads of big beefy butterball queens a few doors away on Saturday night. So I feel like I did Pride.

Unfortunately I'm not making any this year, Roy. I'm picking the berries, but they're all going in the freezer in little packages for desserts in the fall and beyond. I'm like a squirrel, burying nuts for the winter. Will be busy at work until the end of September, and am not taking any vacations until then, so there will probably only be time to make a redcurrant/blackcurrant blend jelly and a raspberry jam. If I have any for sale I'll be sure to let you know on my Neighbourhood Watch ghetto thread.

Back