News   Aug 09, 2024
 346     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 478     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 943     0 

Pride 2009!

Crowds are definitely down this year. I think the new border rules, garbage strike and today's rain is keeping people away. Still, it's packed as always, just not quite as much.

There's also been some noticeable cuts to Pride's budget with less video screens and such this year, but that's to be expected with the economy I suppose.

Still, the stages have been well programmed, the Village is spotless (compared to the rest of the city) and everyone is having a gay old time!

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

pride091.jpg

Where did all the people come from today? Great crowds for the parade which appeared to grow as the rain stopped and skies lightened up a bit.
Post parade, Church street is as busy as previous years. I tried to take a few photos but between the shoulder-to-shoulder crowds and my dog bursting with excitement it was too much to manage even a single shot.
A sample of the humanity at Church & Wellesley around 5pm. I didn't bother with my camera when I went back out.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

...and the fun continued after the rain began around 9pm, although the crowds did appear to thin out a bit

Last edited:
androiduk: Many thanks for those fantastic pictures!! BTW, TD Bank is sponsoring Boston Pride this year for the first time!

if somebody has them, please post some pics of those lesbians who wear rainbow colored thigh-highs who have multicolored hair & suck large multicolored lollipops. all those colors and the super girlieness persona is like crack for me. :D

I just walked my dog at about 7am & the cleanup on Church Street is pretty good, but not as pristine as in previous years. There's a fair amount of garbage on the sidewalks, some on the street (but not that much) however the surrounding residential streets are pretty bad. I've no doubt everyone did their very best to ensure the best cleanup possible.

Of interesting note, I saw one of those golf cart sized things that a guy drives around at night with a big suction hose on the end of it which sucks up garbage off sidewalks plus I saw street sweepers at work this morning and those planters with flowers that hang off light standards are being watered by water trucks. I presume all of these services are not run by the City but contracted out.

The photo of Alexander street is awesome. Take away the people, and you'd never think you were in a huge city. Great photos!

As fun as always. I'm usually down from Friday til Monday but I didn't make it til Sunday this year which kinda sucked but still grand.

The rain didn't bother me at all....just my cue to take some layers off. I hate clothes sometimes.

Thanks for the pics, guys. I was as useless as usual and didn't take any.

PS: Is Miller trying to disappear or is Rae syphoning off his food supply?

Back