News   Apr 17, 2024
 966     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 321     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

Who would watch it? Part of the reason BBC is that way, is because they don't have a profit mandate. On the other hand, getting people riled up is profitable. By the way, the US has PBS, NPR and VOA who produce good non-partisan content. They don't have the marketshare. And they will never have the funding to take marketshare from the big boys.

The US could never have a BBC or CBC. Those are neutral third parties at arms length to the government.

What I mean by this is that they are funded by the government (albeit partially) however they are objective and neutral. In the US, any state funded media organization (partially or otherwise) would be the mouthpiece of the state much like RT or Chinese and North Korean media.

As a 52 y/o Gen-X, I have to wonder if my generation is going to be completely skipped in the US presidency. We'll go straight from Boomer to Millennial, or maybe Gen Y?

As a 52 y/o Gen-X, I have to wonder if my generation is going to be completely skipped in the US presidency. We'll go straight from Boomer to Millennial, or maybe Gen Y?
:)

The US could never have a BBC or CBC. Those are neutral third parties at arms length to the government.

What I mean by this is that they are funded by the government (albeit partially) however they are objective and neutral. In the US, any state funded media organization (partially or otherwise) would be the mouthpiece of the state much like RT or Chinese and North Korean media.

Huh, PBS and NPR being mouthpiece of the government (much less to the point of it being equivalent to CCTV and whatever it is in DPRK)? Where did you get that from? In fact if you use government funding as a proxy measurement, it is arguable that both are even less likely to be government mouthpieces than BBC or CBC. Also the PBS board is elected from member stations - not appointed by government like in the case of CBC.

AoD

Last edited:
With Biden running again there’s a good chance we’ll see President Harris before the end of Biden’s second term. I think that’s the only way she can get there, as Harris is unelectable, IMO.

There’s only one fix to illegal immigration, and “freedom” loving Americans won’t like it. You need a national ID system with biometrics. Then, you need to eliminate the cash economy, moving all transactions to electronic payments, with all transactions identified to the government. Then every employer must at risk of imprisonment use this ID and electronic payment to ensure their employees are legally allowed to work in the US. That’s it, since as long as there are Americans willing to hire illegals and pay in cash, this problem will always exist.

Back