News   Apr 26, 2024
 998     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 790     0 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

Not to mention, Florida is also moving to extend its "Don't Say Gay" rule all the way to high school students.

Sounds like it couldn't happen to a better guy.

I'm with this guy. They really need to start checking if these guys are loner losers in real life. If you don't interact with many people in person, high chance you'll leak online. I'm sure there's lots of people who give out info but not with pictures.

But also, worst leak since Snowden. And all because some young racist wanted to impress a bunch of teens. We really are in the stupidest timeline.

Last edited:
Don Lemon terminated by CNN.

Tucker Carlson terminated by Fox News.

I wonder if media networks are becoming more risk adverse.

The 1st amendment is a wonderful thing however if the most recently lawsuits have taught us anything it's that they are not a sure thing. You can't just say whatever you want in the media and get away with it.

Don Lemon has always been outspoken. It is not a big loss for CNN and in a way I feel like he did it to himself.

That being said, US Media as a whole needs a reboot. We need more of the Walter Cronkites, the Peter Jennings and the Sam Donaldson types in the media. All we have right now are left and right wing extremists with a soap box.

Maybe they'll team up, the Tucker and Don Show, on OWN.

No actual network will touch anybody deemed a liability at another network. Legal risk is too high. Dunno about Don Lemon, but with Carlson I suspect he ends up with his own stream or podcast. Or he ends up at a broadcaster who just doesn't mind paying out for his propaganda (Russia Today for example). Or he gets into politics.

No actual network will touch anybody deemed a liability at another network. Legal risk is too high. Dunno about Don Lemon, but with Carlson I suspect he ends up with his own stream or podcast. Or he ends up at a broadcaster who just doesn't mind paying out for his propaganda (Russia Today for example). Or he gets into politics.

Don Lemon always struck me as an activist who did not know when to stop talking.

I can see him being joined at the hip with Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton but nothing more than that.

Don Lemon always struck me as an activist who did not know when to stop talking.

I can see him being joined at the hip with Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton but nothing more than that.

I could see Don Lemon joining the podcast club. Being an activist is not really legal risk. Just a business risk for a major network. But somebody who actually lies on air and attracts successful defamation lawsuits is a real problem.

What the US needs is a cable news service like the BBC World Service. No more panels of talking heads. The anchor is an interchangeable non-celebrity, sorry Yalda Hakim, who tells it like it is. I watch BBC news each night at 9pm - actually I record it, and watch at 9:30pm so I can zoom through anything that doesn't interest me (sorry Sudan, but Africa is always a mess).

What the US needs is a cable news service like the BBC World Service.

Who would watch it? Part of the reason BBC is that way, is because they don't have a profit mandate. On the other hand, getting people riled up is profitable. By the way, the US has PBS, NPR and VOA who produce good non-partisan content. They don't have the marketshare. And they will never have the funding to take marketshare from the big boys.

Back