News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

he clearly loves Arthur.... anyone else buys this cockamamie crap?
4BAFDC5E-B387-4270-8C8D-BB35C830B71E.jpeg

I always cringe when politicians tell these anecdotes that are clearly fabrications. Usually they are made somewhat plausible by speechwriters, whereas I think Arthur was an ill-conceived fabrication off the cuff by Doug. Why he feels the need to lie so unnecessarily is a bit baffling.

I always cringe when politicians tell these anecdotes that are clearly fabrications. Usually they are made somewhat plausible by speechwriters, whereas I think Arthur was an ill-conceived fabrication off the cuff by Doug. Why he feels the need to lie so unnecessarily is a bit baffling.

He always felt the need for these cheesy anecdotes (so and so told him directly) - there had been so many of these examples. It's his way to position himself as someone who is listening and acting on behalf of "the people" - sic the little guy - instead of the experts or others in position of power. Typical populist stuff. I mean, he can't exactly come out and say, I listened to some big business lobbyist and they told me to do whatever and not make them close up shop during the pandemic - even though that's exactly what drove the decisions he/his government has made.

AoD

Last edited:
Presumably posted in the Doug Ford thread because this is all Doug's fault. (Or can we now blame Arthur??)
I figured it was relevant to reopening, which Doug is dithering on. My father-in-law has major COVID hair and won't let anyone touch it.

I've been to the Netherlands a few times, and love the way they handle the bicycles. Not just the bicycle parkings, but the amount of bicycle lanes they managed to create in their cities.

That said, a cul-de-sac isn't something totally incompatible with public transit, and you can walk to a bus stop even if you don't bike. I am living in a cul-de-sac, was taking a bus + subway to work pre-covid, and will be doing that again once the WFH ends. Many cul-de-sacs have pedestrian-only shortcuts to the next arterial, and the bus stop appears not too far away.

I figured it was relevant to reopening, which Doug is dithering on. My father-in-law has major COVID hair and won't let anyone touch it.
I hate men with long flowing hair (grrrr)...

NINTCHDBPICT000491976684.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000491977004.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000491976716.jpg

From link.

Except this guy...

Back