News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Of course, GiveSendGo says that they are not governed by an Ontario court (and it's hard to see how they could be.) “Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds here at GiveSendGo. All funds for EVERY campaign on GiveSendGo flow directly to the recipients of those campaigns, not least of which is The Freedom Convoy campaign,” the organization said on Twitter.

As they are US-based and can presumably easily transfer $$ into Canadian bank accounts I do not see how this would work. (BTW, their website is VERY strange! https://www.givesendgo.com/ They raise $$ for a bizarre group of 'causes'.)
Banks often put a hold on funds being transferred into bank accounts. Sometimes on request of the Canadian government.

Late to every…last…thing.

FK7LxYMXoAQttbS.jpeg

This on CBC website tells us where Mr Ford was hiding.

Ford also took questions regarding a recent CTV News story, which showed the premier was snowmobiling Saturday in the Muskoka region, which is roughly 170 kilometres north of Toronto. Meanwhile, protests were still snarling the streets of Ottawa and Toronto.

"I was at the cottage. I went out on my snowmobile," Ford said. "I take calls to one o'clock in the morning. I get calls before six o'clock in the morning, and I will not stop until we get this taken care of. And I will continue to make sure we're engaged in every single area of our responsibility."

I have no problem with politicians taking 'down time' but it REALLY might have been better if Doug had at least showed his face last weekend in Toronto or over the last 2+ weeks in Ottawa.

This on CBC website tells us where Mr Ford was hiding.

Ford also took questions regarding a recent CTV News story, which showed the premier was snowmobiling Saturday in the Muskoka region, which is roughly 170 kilometres north of Toronto. Meanwhile, protests were still snarling the streets of Ottawa and Toronto.

"I was at the cottage. I went out on my snowmobile," Ford said. "I take calls to one o'clock in the morning. I get calls before six o'clock in the morning, and I will not stop until we get this taken care of. And I will continue to make sure we're engaged in every single area of our responsibility."

I have no problem with politicians taking 'down time' but it REALLY might have been better if Doug had at least showed his face last weekend in Toronto or over the last 2+ weeks in Ottawa.
Or at least put a jacket on over your jammies and sit in front of a potted plant, photo of your cat or a fake backdrop and fake it like most everybody else does.

Banks often put a hold on funds being transferred into bank accounts. Sometimes on request of the Canadian government.
Next logical step is to regulate crypto, as it is an alternative to these Funding websites. It's insane why any government would want a separate currency/system that could destabilize the country's financial system.

Yes Doug, we know. No one works as hard as you do.
Is that why you are telling random people that you're going to end vaccine passports etc? Because some dude calls you at 1 am? (When questioned about this, Doug didn't deny)

Next logical step is to regulate crypto, as it is an alternative to these Funding websites. It's insane why any government would want a separate currency/system that could destabilize the country's financial system.
Crypto has to be turned into cash somehow for convoy needs. Gas stations and Costco don't take Ethereum.

Back