News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Still, framing him in explicit "not Conservative" terms is a game best played by Neil Flagg-esque trolls fond of using the "John Liberal" slur.

I get it. I was a member of the NDP for years and deemed to be a communist (by the party itself). Low and behold I briefly joined the CPC Comrade! ;)

From the below, presumably just a belated formal groundbreaking for the SSE..........but we shall see:

1624453537924.png

Ford had nothing to do with the Crosstown being partially buried.
ye Ik, that's my point. Its been 10 years and its still not done, wait what was it that was said, if we moved on with the LRTs everything would've been built by now? Somehow I doubt it. Best case scenerio Eglinton would've finally opened in a month.

ye Ik, that's my point. Its been 10 years and its still not done, wait what was it that was said, if we moved on with the LRTs everything would've been built by now? Somehow I doubt it. Best case scenerio Eglinton would've finally opened in a month.
Because of the large underground component, the Crosstown was *always* going to take the longest and likely have the biggest delays. Laying track, repainting lanes and putting up raised dividers on surface-level routes is relatively quick work by comparison, so yes, ignoring political interference, I guarantee that several (if not all) surface routes would've been up by now.

I don't know, I also heard giving projects to Metrolinx or doing it as a P3 everything would have been built by now, so...

AoD

* Cross-posted to SSE thread *

Today's announcement by the Premier et al was indeed the ceremonial groundbreaking for the SSE.

Doug Ford approval rating out.

Doug Ford approval rating out.
That maybe explains why one of his daughters is opening a real store! https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/06/doug-ford-daughter-opening-cookie-shop-toronto-next-month/ Doug could sell drugs from the back door, just like old times?

Back