News   Jun 21, 2024
 13     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 254     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 408     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

That or calling in a bomb threat

It's amazing, isn't it? Every now and then, I find myself thinking about those days, and for some reason, it's the supposed bomb scares that seemed to just spontaneously 'happen' at City Hall whenever the Fords needed a convenient distraction that really make me shake my head in wonderment. As I recall, the last one wasn't treated even remotely seriously by either the cops or the media, as if everyone knew who was responsible and what their motivation was. This was honest criminality at work, and yet the Fords were allowed to skate on this just as they did with practically everything else. And the people who in theory were supposed to be in political opposition to the 2 pieces of trash simply sat on their hands and let them do whatever they wanted. It's little wonder Thug feels "betrayed" by Scheer if the latter is actually trying to reign him in here. Being told "no" must be a real novelty for the bastard.

Not a walk-back; surprisingly.

But an attempt at mollification just the same.

An expansion of the emergency dept.

Err, well, at this point, the $500,000 study of same; with the $27,000,000 construction at some indefinite future point...

Interesting, read an article in the newspaper the other day that the physicians of the Birchmount Hospital were complaining about the cutbacks the Cons had made to health care. It was also on the radio, didn't much pay attention as I was in heavy traffic.

Interesting that the job numbers out today show very strong growth here in Ontario.

Job numbers and GDP do not always correlate perfectly, but there is, usually a clear relationship between the two.

I note this, because if one applied normal analysis and expectations (that for each 1% reduction in un employment you get 3% GDP growth) Ontario's economy is humming.

This brings me to the point of my post; Ford's finance minister announced a Fall Economic Statement date for the 1st week of November and indicated the deficit number would lower than projected.

Putting to one side that the number they projected was willfully inflated; I'm thinking they are at least 2B below their projection (not counting the eventual agreement with the Aud. Gen. to count part of the pension surplus.)

That would account for some of the walk backs we've seen lately, they have extra $$.

While we're on the topic of the Ford government......they've had the report on municipal governance (possible amalgamations) for more than 2 months now, unless its late. (was due in August).

Not a peep.

While we're on the topic of the Ford government......they've had the report on municipal governance (possible amalgamations) for more than 2 months now, unless its late. (was due in August).

Not a peep.

Probably using a thesaurus to rewrite the report to make it read better and hide parts from the general public with obscure words.

Playing around with municipal borders during a federal election is probably a no-go if you are a partisan-minded party. I wouldn't say we are in the clear yet, though it could well just be forgotten by this government.

That being said, I would not mind some reorganization. I think Peel Region for instance has evolved to the point where Brampton and Mississauga would serve better as independent cities, or at the very least it would make sense to merge Caledon with Dufferin County.

Interesting that the job numbers out today show very strong growth here in Ontario.

Job numbers and GDP do not always correlate perfectly, but there is, usually a clear relationship between the two.

I note this, because if one applied normal analysis and expectations (that for each 1% reduction in un employment you get 3% GDP growth) Ontario's economy is humming.

This brings me to the point of my post; Ford's finance minister announced a Fall Economic Statement date for the 1st week of November and indicated the deficit number would lower than projected.

Putting to one side that the number they projected was willfully inflated; I'm thinking they are at least 2B below their projection (not counting the eventual agreement with the Aud. Gen. to count part of the pension surplus.)

That would account for some of the walk backs we've seen lately, they have extra $$.
Here is my updated monthly graph.
Ford may well be on his way to the best Premier in our lifetimes - depending on your age.

Here is my updated monthly graph.
Ford may well be on his way to the best Premier in our lifetimes - depending on your age.
View attachment 208775

You do not have permission to quote my posts, which contain facts and useful information to support your un-intelligent trolling. That's not fair use; its misuse.

Back