News   Jul 04, 2024
 704     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 643     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 590     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Probably want to staff it with religious fanatics.

Way back when Toronto used to roll up the side walks on Saturday night at 10pm, we used to drive to Buffalo for our entertainment. Does this mean we have to start driving across to the US to see the movies Doug and his religious seals don't want us to see?

Way back when Toronto used to roll up the side walks on Saturday night at 10pm, we used to drive to Buffalo for our entertainment. Does this mean we have to start driving across to the US to see the movies Doug and his religious seals don't want us to see?

Eventually, it seems that Doug wants some other group to classify the movies, preferably for free. It's the "who" will be doing it in the future that gets me worried.

Ooops...

Ontario says it's outsourcing film ratings to B.C., but has no formal agreement with B.C. in place, leaving uncertainty over how hundreds of films will be classified.

Now they are walking back cuts to Children's Aid Societies.

I find this well and truly bizarre.

If the government, right or wrong, believed that the cuts were necessary and prudent, they ought to have followed through; If they changed their mind quickly due to new facts being brought to their attention, they should have reversed the cuts within days or weeks of making them, not 1/2 way into the fiscal year!

At this point, programs have been cut, layoffs have been made, (in assorted programs) from social services to children's services to health to education, staff and end users have been hurt. For what?

As a tangential note, my niece is currently in High School and has had to deal with classes of up to 42 in science, where there aren't enough lab stations for each student.........

With the reversal in cuts, notes have gone out to parents saying the schedules of courses already underway may be altered in-year, on short-notice as teachers are now being recalled.

How the hell they intend to pull that off is beyond me, but what a waste.

**** anyone for a new schedule followed by a teacher's strike?****

Someone is probably going to spin it into a virtue - i.e. look Doug isn't so bad, he is capable of change.
(though why make policies that will require such change in the first place is curiously absent in such a line of argument).

AoD

Last edited:
Someone is probably going to spin it into a virtue - i.e. look Doug isn't so bad, he is capable of change.
(though why make policies that will require such change is required in the first place is curiously absent in such a line of argument).

AoD

Worth noting is that they previously had cancelled grants to the tulip growers festival and I believe arts, it was reinstated with great fluffing and fanfare. however it was almost half the amount they had been receiving under Wynne's govt. Yet Lisa received great accolades from her fellow clueless buffoons.

#BREAKING: The TDSB says that in the event of a strike by CUPE education workers, all schools across the board will be closed to all students.

Well, public school sux; so, good. And as for those parents who want their kids to have an education: they can always look into a private academy. And if they can't afford such a thing; well, tough, if that's what they're hung up over, they shouldn't have had children in the first place. ;-)

As the Premier himself proves: with good, hard work and folks who can provide for you, you can get anywhere without this pointy-headed "public education" business. Taxpayers shouldn't be supporting your lazy brats. Nyaaah.

Well, public school sux; so, good. And as for those parents who want their kids to have an education: they can always look into a private academy. And if they can't afford such a thing; well, tough, if that's what they're hung up over, they shouldn't have had children in the first place. ;-)

As the Premier himself proves: with good, hard work and folks who can provide for you, you can get anywhere without this pointy-headed "public education" business. Taxpayers shouldn't be supporting your lazy brats. Nyaaah.

I think I'm getting you figured out. :eek:

Ford will probably have to stop hiding as he will probably recall the legislature quickly to end the looming strike

Including getting a well paid job at your family business, without the real skills other businesses will look for?

Including getting a well paid job at your family business, without the real skills other businesses will look for?

Yeah, including getting a well paid job at your family business, without the real skills other businesses will look for. You're just jellus, nyaaah. ;-)

Back