News   Jul 15, 2024
 229     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 520     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 623     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

You know what's really poignantly hypocritical about this?

The fact that they won't be dropping liquor taxes but instead will be half-subsidising brewers who drop their own prices.

This is actually shit for the taxpayer, shit for business, and shit for reason.

They claim to be helping the little guy. The taxpayer needs a break! And so and so and yet they won't drop the liquor taxes.

Swine is what they are. Dirty, greasy, hypocritical swine. And not the type I'd slaughter for a decent roast either.

On top of that, did they perhaps think that $1 beers are no longer economical? I know they can't count and they don't know a cost-saving from a cost-incurring policy, but surely as hell they've heard of friggin inflation.

Swine and fools. Damn, this is going to be a fun four years.
It's going to be like barely escaping, having lost just one limb only to fall off a cliff and land in brambles thicker than Ford's skull thereafter to continue rolling downslope through an array of various spiky, burning, and flesh-eating things, finally stopping the descent only to find you're now completely out of money in addition to being a bloodied, half-dead facsimile of a province.

Ok, that's an exaggeration....that's more Venezuela, but still.

Do you think if I write to my MPP (Hogarth, PC), moan about how I'm a taxpayer and hydro prices and I need to take the edge off, I can push her to get the government to subsidise $1g of mushrooms?
Coooome ooooon, "for the people".

You know what's really poignantly hypocritical about this?

The fact that they won't be dropping liquor taxes but instead will be half-subsidising brewers who drop their own prices.

This is actually shit for the taxpayer, shit for business, and shit for reason.

They claim to be helping the little guy. The taxpayer needs a break! And so and so and yet they won't drop the liquor taxes.

Swine is what they are. Dirty, greasy, hypocritical swine. And not the type I'd slaughter for a decent roast either.

On top of that, did they perhaps think that $1 beers are no longer economical? I know they can't count and they don't know a cost-saving from a cost-incurring policy, but surely as hell they've heard of friggin inflation.

Swine and fools. Damn, this is going to be a fun four years.
It's going to be like barely escaping, having lost just one limb only to fall off a cliff and land in brambles thicker than Ford's skull thereafter to continue rolling downslope through an array of various spiky, burning, and flesh-eating things, finally stopping the descent only to find you're now completely out of money in addition to being a bloodied, half-dead facsimile of a province.

Ok, that's an exaggeration....that's more Venezuela, but still.
They know all this*. They don’t care.

*Maybe Doug doesn’t. He’s not the brightest light on his wife’s Menorah.

They know all this. They don’t care.

I don't know. It's sort of like a joke on their part. Or they're actually fools. Doug Ford is definitely a fool, let's be honest. I think the rest around him are either also fools or just the weakest sort of power-hungry quisling imaginable to debase themselves with this gong show of a government.

I mean, I used to have respect for Elliott and Mulroney. Fu** that now. They're the same dirt they so readily associate themselves with.

I just came across this list of self righteous breweries who are making political points against the PC government. https://north99.org/2018/08/07/a-list-of-beer-companies-refusing-fords-buck-a-beer-gimmick/

Maybe for the clientele of these specialty, pricey breweries actually support their decision. But for me it is the new list of beers to avoid.
If they can't make a dollar beer and others can, then just shut up and don't embarrass yourselves.

By the way, I recently bought beer in Spain for about 40 cents a can.

I just came across this list of self righteous breweries who are making political points against the PC government. https://north99.org/2018/08/07/a-list-of-beer-companies-refusing-fords-buck-a-beer-gimmick/

Maybe for the clientele of these specialty, pricey breweries actually support their decision. But for me it is the new list of beers to avoid.
If they can't make a dollar beer and others can, then just shut up and don't embarrass yourselves.

By the way, I recently bought beer in Spain for about 40 cents a can.

I don't drink beer but I love these companies for speaking up.

None have yet to prove they can. One brewery has issued a half-assed “hope”, while Doug Ford was standing beside its manager, with about zero likelihood of actually being able to do so.

If anyone *can* afford do it, it’s the big three. And they aren’t exactly falling over themselves to make any kind of announcement about it with just over three weeks until Labour Day.

It just ain’t gonna happen, no matter how many butterfly wishes your conservative heart makes.

None have yet to prove they can. One brewery has issued a half-assed “hope”, while Doug Ford was standing beside its manager, with about zero likelihood of actually being able to do so.

If anyone *can* afford do it, it’s the big three. And they aren’t exactly falling over themselves to make any kind of announcement about it with just over three weeks until Labour Day.

It just ain’t gonna happen, no matter how many butterfly wishes your conservative heart makes.

Have any of the big companies said a thing since this came about?

Have any of the big companies said a thing since this came about?

I’m sure if you ask Doug Ford, he’ll say they’re champing at the bit to participate (much how he claimed corporations were clamouring to pay to build our subways).

But if we’re talking actual reality, I don’t believe any of them have said anything about it.

Back