News   Jul 17, 2024
 87     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 454     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 994     0 

Pregnant woman dies in stabbing - one murder or two?

But who is using the legality of abortion to slap the face of women who have their fetuses killed? If you ascribe personhood to a fetus, and allow the charge of murder to stand, then it can (and will) serve as grounds for argument against abortion. At the time of this murder, the victim was a pregnant woman, and not a woman with a baby in her arms. That is how she is being defined here.

The act of killing in war can have great distinctions from who is being killed in war. I think you are making reference to the "who" part, here.

it seems like the media is using the legality of abortion as a slap in the face to women.

why would changing the law screw up abortion rights? this seems like the same kind of arguments against gay marriage, that if you changed the marriage laws, then people would start marrying family members, horses or their cellphones. it's totally absurd. why must society always play the slippery sloped trumpet?

as for the war part, who is being killed and who is doing the killing are both important. the soldier has legal authority to defend himself and to carry out orders. not a good comparison because it equates a fetus to an enemy but you know what point i was trying to make, that there are people who have legal authority to terminate life and those who don't. the doctor has legal authority, a maniac with a knife doesn't.

AP, it's foetus, not feotus.

There's no easy answer as to when a foetus becomes an individual person. Surely, most of us would recognise that the legal definition of not being human until more than halfway outside the mother as being arbitrary and even silly. How is a neonate any different from a foetus the day before it exits the uterus other than attachment by the umbilical cord? But where do you draw the line? Is the clump of cells a few days after fertilisation an individual human? What about when there's a beating heart? A nervous system? Ability to feel pain? When exactly does it become human? I don't think there's an answer.

it's always a human (homo sapien) or material that has the potential to be. a better question is when is it aware of its self? i think this is the big debate. i'm neither a scientist nor a woman so i don't have a say but if a woman wants her fetus to live and someone takes away that right from her, there should at least be harsher punishment for the person who violated her rights against her will.

2, the fetus is alive the minute its concieved

conception happens way earlier, at fertilization. even sperm & eggs are alive. i'm not sure what you're trying to say. :confused:

Whacking off is murder, right up there with the crime of menstruation.

Back