THE HOLIDAY TREE"

"HOLIDAY TREE" eh?

Regards,
J T

-30-

Last edited:
Splish Splash

Toronto, still the Boom Town

I have to say I'm so surprised how much York Street south of Union Station has changed. Not that long ago it was barren land with a few parking lots.

300 Front

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Lenser, that last shot... very nice, and it's making me think: a series of underground, relatively unseen places, would be cool.

Lenser, if you can read this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3410935&pagenumber=69#post411170816 it pretty well sums up my thoughts on the Fuji. It's an oddball, and I wouldn't recommend it as anyone's primary camera. IQ is outstanding, but the software to read RAW files is _very_ immature. Some people have said ridiculous things like, the fuji rivals full frame DSLRs. Maybe, but without proper software, the point is moot.

Tried that forum link but there was an ultra-annoying and noisy plea for me to register so I passed. But the two or three reviews of the camera I've read do cite the same RAW processing problem. I imagine subsequent updates of Lightroom and other RAW developers will fix that. Otherwise, it looks to be a fine daily shooter that's very portable - my favourite class of camera, actually.

As for the last shot of mine, it's simply the remains of a Bulk Barn that's been forced to vacate the premises while the Leslieville Loblaws undergoes an upgrade to a Superstore. I've simply pushed my camera through a metal grate at the entrance. The colours are over saturated, thanks to PP in Lightroom.

Back