News   Apr 18, 2024
 286     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Poppies

Kids should be exposed to Remembrance Day - so they should be in school. As long as we are forcing teachers to work that day, everyone else should work as well.
Hey gov't workers - I'm talking to you.
Maybe they could mandate a few hours off for workers to attend ceremonies - maybe along the lines of the mandatory time off to vote.

From what I can gather you're retired now, but when you were still working I'm guessing you were overworked.
How do I deduce this? You seem to be jealous of people who aren't dying through employment. ;)

How about this (and you know I'm a proponent of working less):

November15th, Almost-Winter Feast Day.

Sounds legit.

Every month should have a statutory holiday (at least one). It's just humane.

Absolutely - every month should have 1 stat holiday minimum. Something right in the second or third week of November would bridge the long gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas very nicely. It doesn't necessarily have to be Remembrance Day, if there are so many here who cynically assume that people wouldn't use it to reflect on our veterans sacrifices.

In other news:

I am of two minds about this. Maybe the school should invite the CAF member to join the ceremonies at 11 with regular students - and allow students with special needs to go on their usual recess schedule. It shouldn't be an "either-or".

Police have arrested a Toronto man for allegedly vandalizing the Old City Hall cenotaph with spray paint hours after it was the site of a downtown Remembrance Day ceremony.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...over-vandalism-at-old-city-hall-cenotaph.html

From what's been reported elsewhere, he seem to have some "issues". No big surprise there.

AoD

Last edited:
Oh he's a right wing loon. No surprise there either!

I was a little surprised by that actually - desecrating war memorials usually isn't "their thing".

From CP24:

He goes on to say that he had spoken with several active-duty military personnel and veterans about his plan to spray paint the cenotaph who “have given it their blessing.”

WTF?

AoD

Last edited:
In other news:

I am of two minds about this. Maybe the school should invite the CAF member to join the ceremonies at 11 with regular students - and allow students with special needs to go on their usual recess schedule. It shouldn't be an "either-or".

AoD

It seems those pesky "logistical challenges" have been solved by many other schools - they should chat.

It seems those pesky "logistical challenges" have been solved by many other schools - they should chat.

Even in other schools in their own board. But honestly it is hard to say much without further without additional info - presumably there are reasons as to why it is an issue at this and only this school.

AoD

Back