News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

The one demand, that the current AG would not overrule the DDP regarding SNC seems particularly bizarre. She seems to want to bind a minister of the Crown.
I disagree, she was looking for a compliance to a legal decision that had already been made. But rather that argue about that at this juncture, your reference states:
Sources said she also sought assurances that her replacement as attorney general, David Lametti, would not overrule Director of Public Prosecutions Kathleen Roussell and direct her to give SNC-Lavalin a deferred prosecution agreement.
Those "sources" have yet to be corroborated.

More to come on this one...

Adendum: As reported on The National, no 'official demands' were made according to the PMO's communications head. Unofficial demands are not being discussed at this time.

Last edited:
JWR basically wrote the book on how to destroy your political career in less than a year.

“In reality, though, Wilson-Raybould’s own ego and her act of deception is as much — or more — to blame for the state she finds herself today.”
Jody, and Jane, over estimated the number of ethical Liberals in caucus. It was only 3 - but I am sure they thought they'd have enough support to overthrow Trudeau similar to the Patrick Brown saga.
As for the other Liberal MPs, I think they realize to a person that there was no way that they should have won, and no way they can win again - unless they piggyback off Trudeau's name and hair. For all that has happened, Trudeau still has it top 2 assets.

Jody, and Jane, over estimated the number of ethical Liberals in caucus.
Mulroney, Chrétien, Harper and even Dithers Martin would have thrown out JWR well before now. Trudeau gave them both far more leeway and chances that I’d ever expect from my boss. As for ethical Liberals, once you start surreptitiously recording your colleagues and releasing this to the public to achieve maximum damage to your own organization and team, well, there’s no ethics in that. JWR’s only legacy may be a right-wing Con government in October, likely resulting in heightened conflict with indigenous peoples over pipelines, resource access and reduced environmental protections and oversight. Nice work Jody.

That said, I would like Canada to follow the UK’s example and separate the AG role of judicial oversight from the MoJ cabinet position. That system isn’t perfect either, but it would reduce the conflict between doing what’s legally right from what’s politically expedient.

Last edited:
Jody, and Jane, over estimated the number of ethical Liberals in caucus. It was only 3 - but I am sure they thought they'd have enough support to overthrow Trudeau similar to the Patrick Brown saga.
I have different take: They knew it was hopeless to 'turn' the others, but knew it was essential for the record, and after the tape that showed all of JWR's claims to be true, and the Clerk's mostly false, that they'd 'gone the extra mile' to reach an accord, but to do it based on immutable principle. They knew it would fail, but also knew that a majority of Cdns would see why...and form their own opinion it, which polls indicate to be the case. https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/poli...ral-authority-to-govern-ipsos-poll/ar-BBUnEff

Contrary to many claims, they weren't 'cast out' so much as 'set free'. They come out of it with their principles intact, and the rest? The one it showed most on for me is McKenna. She looks defeated, even as she's compelled to sing the boys' bawdy locker room rape song.

And the oh so naughty 'recording'. Brace yerselves...they all do it. The truth has a way of coming out, and it will. Anyone not keeping meticulous records (and the excuse will be "transcription only") is dead in that business.

That the 'negotiations' went on as long as they did indicates to me that the nice ladies had a hell of lot more on Justin than he's letting on. Vanity gets people like him into a lot of trouble.

Think about it! If it's as simple as some other posters here are making out...then why did it take Justin months of negotiation? Answers please...they'll be a great entertainment to read in a few months...

Last edited:
Mulroney, Chrétien, Harper and even Dithers Martin would have thrown out JWR well before now. Trudeau gave them both far more leeway and chances that I’d ever expect from my boss. As for ethical Liberals, once you start surreptitiously recording your colleagues and releasing this to the public to achieve maximum damage to your own organization and team, well, there’s no ethics in that. JWR’s only legacy may be a right-wing Con government in October, likely resulting in heightened conflict with indigenous peoples over pipelines, resource access and reduced environmental protections and oversight. Nice work Jody.

That said, I would like Canada to follow the UK’s example and separate the AG role of judicial oversight from the MoJ cabinet position. That system isn’t perfect either, but it would reduce the conflict between doing what’s legally right from what’s politically expedient.
When talking ethics, recording and secretly listening in are minor crimes compared to actually interfering with the law.
http://warrenkinsella.com/2019/04/my-latest-in-the-sun-the-trudeau-cult/
Hell, you expelled Jody Wilson-Raybould on the pretext of a making a tape on which a powerful man threatens her. When, a few days later, the Prime Minister of Canada spoke to Wilson-Raybould about why she’d been demoted – and he didn’t bother to tell her his Principal Secretary was secretly listening in. Keeping a record of what was said.

I have different take: They knew it was hopeless to 'turn' the others, but knew it was essential for the record, and after the tape that showed all of JWR's claims to be true,
Here’s the transcript https://pressfrom.info/ca/news/cana...jody-wilson-raybould-and-michael-wernick.html

I don’t see where there’s undo pressure. What I’m reading is Michael Wernick asking JWR why the DPA isn’t being used and telling her the PM needs reassurance that everything at the government’s disposal has been considered, including the DPA. Then we see JWR explaining why the DPA isn’t appropriate in this case, and Wernick closes by saying he doesn’t want her to do anything unlawful, and repeats that the PM may require more assurance that the DPA was considered. Sure, this shows pressure from the PM, he’s a politcal animal, but no one is telling JWR to break the law or violate ethics regulations here.

iz, ya, wuz, jes .
What am I reading here? Is this supposed to convey some position on the matter?

Steve, you okay? If any of these apply to yourself, get help.

MHSignsofDistress.ashx

^ Let's just call it 'mob talk' Bugsy...

My apologies if the message was lost on you. In full deference to translating that to Justin talk, I overlooked including, "umm...errrr...ummm...etc"
I don’t see where there’s undo pressure.
There should be NO attempt whatsoever to coerce the AG in a criminal investigation and/or court case. You make the commonly committed mistake of misunderstanding the difference between the A-G and the Justice Minister role. You're not alone, so does Wernick and most of the Liberal caucus.

That's what happens when you have thugs running the institution.

Last edited:
Hey, me and the guys iz with ya. He wuz jes making the lady an offer she can't refuse...

Fugget about it.

Interesting perspective on why she had to be kicked out.

Last edited:
I disagree, she was looking for a compliance to a legal decision that had already been made. But rather that argue about that at this juncture, your reference states:
Those "sources" have yet to be corroborated.

More to come on this one...

Adendum: As reported on The National, no 'official demands' were made according to the PMO's communications head. Unofficial demands are not being discussed at this time.

Fair point about unconfirmed sources; it may all be for naught. But if true, a decision was made by the DPP and the AG of the day (her) decided not to intervene, and decried external influence to change her mind. Now it seems she was seeking assurance that these same external forces influence the current AG to do the same. The prosecutorial decision of the DPP has not changed. The current AG is free to make his own decision and simply can't be bound by some formal or informal agreement made between other parties.

Back