News   Jul 15, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 589     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

I don't think anyone should campaign on the CPC being racist and bigoted because it's not true in a general sense. That sort of campaigning would make for some sad excuse for discourse.

I don't think the party is bigoted to that degree. Just saying that the Liberals have plenty of baggage and now the CPC have to deal with a delayed reaction to a particularly bad Senator.

Last edited:
If you ask me, both parties have enough baggage to call for a porter or three. Comes with having power over the years, I suppose.

It's true....it's why I'll never vote for them. Nor the CPC. I have an aversion to other people's baggage, having enough of my own.

I heard rumors about a since-retired Liberal backbencher from Scarborough from the Chretien years who was widely known as being a predator on Parliament Hill.

I expect to hear a lot of allegations from both sides of the aisle over the coming weeks and months.

I heard rumors about a since-retired Liberal backbencher from Scarborough from the Chretien years who was widely known as being a predator on Parliament Hill.

I expect to hear a lot of allegations from both sides of the aisle over the coming weeks and months.

Does he happen to be a current Toronto city councilor?

I heard a woman on a CBC call in show a couple of months ago. She worked on Parliament Hill quite a few years ago (the 60s maybe?). She said her boss, an MP, used to call in staff "to take a letter", and they all knew what it meant. They participated because a) times were different, b) people would take his word over theirs, and c) they knew they wouldn't get work again and they needed the job. I doubt her story is the only one.

I worked in social services for a lot of years, and much of our funding came government at all levels. There was one MP who totally creeped us all out (most of my colleagues were female). We were often in meetings with him, but we talked about it amongst ourselves -- we didn't sit next to him, we avoided his attempted "hello" kisses, we warned others to stay clear of him. No one said anything because we didn't want our organizations to suffer if he retaliated.

I am so glad all of this is changing.

I heard a woman on a CBC call in show a couple of months ago. She worked on Parliament Hill quite a few years ago (the 60s maybe?). She said her boss, an MP, used to call in staff "to take a letter", and they all knew what it meant. They participated because a) times were different, b) people would take his word over theirs, and c) they knew they wouldn't get work again and they needed the job. I doubt her story is the only one.

I worked in social services for a lot of years, and much of our funding came government at all levels. There was one MP who totally creeped us all out (most of my colleagues were female). We were often in meetings with him, but we talked about it amongst ourselves -- we didn't sit next to him, we avoided his attempted "hello" kisses, we warned others to stay clear of him. No one said anything because we didn't want our organizations to suffer if he retaliated.

I am so glad all of this is changing.

Don't forget Don Meredith, man of the cloth Senator from Creeperville.

AoD

Darling of the international press, donchaknow?

Whoah, thanks for that link though, I hadn't yet heard that the tariffs imposed on Bombardier were ruled out of order. Nice.

Back