News   Sep 26, 2024
 559     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 686     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

It is odd. I see no benefit to the LPC from high immigration. First of all they cannot vote until they're citizens, and secondly, once they are citizens they're just as likely to vote Conservative.

Yea, I’ve never bought the right-wing “Trudeau is importing his voters” rallying cry. Most seat projections have the Conservatives sweeping Peel Region, for instance.

Yea, I’ve never bought the right-wing “Trudeau is importing his voters” rallying cry. Most seat projections have the Conservatives sweeping Peel Region, for instance.

The biggest beneficiaries of immigration are corporations that get cheaper and more competitive labour. And nobody feels that competition more acutely than recent immigrants. Which is exactly why they are most willing to vote against a government that they perceive as holding them back economically. But of course, somebody is going to make it out like they are race traitors for caring about their own economic interests:

Gotta pull that ladder up.

If Trudeau was bringing in immigrants to form a future voting bloc, wouldn't he bring in permanent residents who could become citizens, rather than temporary foreign workers who will never vote?

Yes and no. One of the first things the Trudeau Liberals did was reverse the previous government's rules on sponsoring senior parents. Immigrants hated bringing in the grandparents on super visas and having to pay for their health insurance. This policy didn't get much attention in 2015, but was a big deal in ethnic communities. It meant that a major expense was being eliminated (health insurance) and a major income being added (they would qualify for GIS). This absolutely helped win votes in several major cities, despite being extremely fiscally irresponsible.

I can imagine that the Liberals were thinking that the immigration flood would be equally well received and the Conservatives would basically paint themselves into a corner as bigots opposing immigration. I don't think they ever imagined that immigrants who had to work hard to come here absolutely despise the diploma mill crowd.

Also, the TFWs are a smaller part of it than the diploma mill group. And they now probably make up a third or more of those naturalizing. Keep in mind that 1 yr as a student gets you 2 yrs Work Permit and then it's 3 years to citizenship. Basically those getting citizenship now came to Canada as students six years ago.

This guy doesn't know how to read a room. I won't be watching.

Justin Trudeau to appear on ‘The Late Show’ with Stephen Colbert Monday night​

The prime minister, whose TV appearance comes as he faces a possible non-confidence vote this week, is in New York City attending meetings at the UN.

Justin Trudeau to appear on ‘The Late Show’ with Stephen Colbert Monday night​

The prime minister, whose TV appearance comes as he faces a possible non-confidence vote this week, is in New York City attending meetings at the UN.

It worked for Bill Clinton.

Now all we need is for Trudeau to sing the lumberjack song from Monty Python in full lumberjack gear on live TV.

Now all we need is for Trudeau to sing the lumberjack song from Monty Python in full RCMP Gear on live TV.
This month has been the worst month of Justin Trudeau's political career. He is acting like he has already given up. Fine resign and let someone else take over. Hundreds of people's careers depend on you.

Now all we need is for Trudeau to sing the lumberjack song from Monty Python in full lumberjack gear on live TV.

Bill's appearance on Arsenio Hall's show, playing Sax....... was a 'Slick' move.........to court the young and minority vote.

It was in the lead up to his first run for President, not after 9 years running for a third term.

Arensio was also cool, frankly, in a way that Stephen Colbert regrettably no longer is.......

Bill's appearance on Arsenio Hall's show, playing Sax....... was a 'Slick' move.........to court the young and minority vote.

It was in the lead up to his first run for President, not after 9 years running for a third term.

Arensio was also cool, frankly, in a way that Stephen Colbert regrettably no longer is.......

100%

I just wanted to see the headlines if he tried.

The Conservatives are going to have a Fielday with this. It is like Justin Trudeau on the red carpet at TIFF, when he is too unpopular to campaign in his hometown of Montreal.

He is acting like he has already given up.

He's not a moron. He can read the polls. And he knows political history. There's no coming back from this kind of rep.

Fine resign and let someone else take over.

It's actually honorable, that he's not turning one of his front benchers into Kim Campbell 2.0. Though my disdain for Chrystia Freeland has grown and I wouldn't mind her wearing that sobriquet .

I'm sure you'll get all the info from PP on how it went anyways.
Again, the non-confidence vote is theater by PP that's fallen flat, with no one willing to support it.

Back