News   Jul 22, 2024
 90     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 336     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 394     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

This is good, let me bring it forward for the preview deprived and the click-averse.

1706806660365.png

1706806744475.png

This really echoes what I have said before, that we should be treating the housing bubble as a national crisis that will severely impair young people's ability to start families.

This really echoes what I have said before, that we should be treating the housing bubble as a national crisis that will severely impair young people's ability to start families.
Aren't young people kinda doing exactly that as they seek to vote out the government they perceive as hostile to their interests?

This is very true. However, PP has been blaming Trudeau for the grocery store prices for months and now we learn this. Seems that he has a decision to make about his top advisor, though I suspect he will twist this to blame the PM again.

This hits the nail on the head:

This is very true. However, PP has been blaming Trudeau for the grocery store prices for months and now we learn this. Seems that he has a decision to make about his top advisor, though I suspect he will twist this to blame the PM again.
PP is a master of projection. He blames everyone but the CPC for all the problems the CPC causes.

PP is a master of projection. He blames everyone but the CPC for all the problems the CPC causes.

PP to my way of thinking is no better than Trudeau; yet he's not entirely wrong.

Sure the message is overly simplified and partisan, but let's be clear, the food pricing issue in Canada is a lack of competition in retail, and in wholesale (particularly, dairy, pork, and chicken) which are supply managed.

The latter, in particular, predates Trudeau jr. by some decades, and more than one Conservative gov't has passed on the opportunity to address it, that said, the problem has grown worse in recent years, the mooching and price differential w/the U.S. more extreme.

Equally, Canada's largest grocers have been dominant players for awhile now; but in recent years, Loblaws has added Shoppers Drug Mart, and T&T among others, Empire (Sobeys) had added Farm Boy and Longos and Metro added
Adonis and a dominant pharmacy retailer in Quebec.

The current government didn't create these problems, but they certainly did let them get worse.

Moreover, their inaction on the file is very clear.

PP to my way of thinking is no better than Trudeau; yet he's not entirely wrong.

Sure the message is overly simplified and partisan, but let's be clear, the food pricing issue in Canada is a lack of competition in retail, and in wholesale (particularly, dairy, pork, and chicken) which are supply managed.

The latter, in particular, predates Trudeau jr. by some decades, and more than one Conservative gov't has passed on the opportunity to address it, that said, the problem has grown worse in recent years, the mooching and price differential w/the U.S. more extreme.

Equally, Canada's largest grocers have been dominant players for awhile now; but in recent years, Loblaws has added Shoppers Drug Mart, and T&T among others, Empire (Sobeys) had added Farm Boy and Longos and Metro added
Adonis and a dominant pharmacy retailer in Quebec.

The current government didn't create these problems, but they certainly did let them get worse.

Moreover, their inaction on the file is very clear.
Some of the agricultural supply management came in under the Tories! More than two Conservative governments have passed up the opportunity to challenge it!

Meanwhile, I don't see the Conservatives being the ones to tackle big corporations. That's really not their thing. At the same time, I don't think it's milk, eggs, and chicken that make up most of most people grocery bills these days.

No politician is entirely wrong, nor entirely right (nor entirely left! :))

Milk and eggs are in a lot of other stuff you buy in the grocery store.

Indeed. Eggs are in Mayonnaise and cakes for example. Milk is used to make Cheese, Yogurt, Chocolate, etc.

One small item can affect everything else. This is why wheat harvests have global impact.

Mayonnaise, cakes, cookies, pasta, some breads, breaded frozen stuff, baking mixes, other desserts, etc. I wouldn't know how to put a number on it, but a large percentage of items in any grocery store have one of those two things in them, all purchased at inflated prices to subsidize relatively wealthy farmers at the expense of hard-working grocery consumers.

Mayonnaise, cakes, cookies, pasta, some breads, breaded frozen stuff, baking mixes, other desserts, etc. I wouldn't know how to put a number on it, but a large percentage of items in any grocery store have one of those two things in them, all purchased at inflated prices to subsidize relatively wealthy farmers at the expense of hard-working grocery consumers.

Indeed.

If you were to make Macaroni and Cheese at home (from scratch, not KD) you would have milk and eggs in it.

Back