News   Jul 31, 2024
 145     0 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.2K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 2K     4 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

We're already pretty close anyway. This is easier win than many other policies.
This is much harder for some provinces to achieve than others. AB, SK and some of the maritime provinces may be hard pressed.

This is much harder for some provinces to achieve than others. AB, SK and some of the maritime provinces may be hard pressed.

AB and SK will need nuclear power. The Maritimes with the Atlantic Loop and offshore wind could be absolute clean energy beasts.

They'll need a bit of financial help to get started. But the great thing with any electricity infrastructure is that users pay for it over time.

“Too far, too fast?” TD Bank report warns policymakers need to keep up with immigration surge and its effect on economy​

https://www.thestar.com/business/to...cle_3c3c3738-0c61-59c6-976e-9ed0b46f2fc0.html

Population growth’s affect on affordability, TD says, could be made worse by the Bank of Canada keeping interest rates high in their fight against inflation. The surge in newcomers increases demand across the board driving up prices and interest rates.
Beata Caranci, chief economist at TD and one of the report’s authors, said analysts had been warning for years that aging demographics would throw Canada’s economy off-kilter by straining economic growth, tax revenues, and the social system.
“A ramp up in skilled-based immigration offered a solution,” the report said. “Government policies have delivered, but now the question is whether the sudden swing in population has gone too far, too fast.”

Thanks to an unprecedented labour crunch, the international mobility program and the temporary foreign worker program have been undergoing a massive expansion.
The number of approvals to hire temporary foreign workers shot up by more than 60 per cent in the first half of 2022 over the year prior, and in April the federal overnment eased restrictions introduced years ago to prevent employers from abusing the program.

At the same time, newcomers are arriving only to find mostly low-skill, low-paying jobs available to them. And many immigrants in Canada today still struggle to get equivalent work in their fields of expertise, often due to credential-recognition issues.
The economists at TD say that workplace obstacles need to be removed for newcomers and immigrants already in the country to fill critical labour gaps, such as “recent initiatives to reduce credential-recognition barriers among medical professionals, engineers and others.”
“If you’re bringing in people who are making median income or less it’s a very different implication on housing affordability,” Caranci said. “When you bring in more people to fill lower skilled jobs, the importance of affordable housing goes up tremendously.”

If true this is very disappointing....

@Admiral Beez may have been right:

No wonder our allies are starting to openly call out Canada.

Maybe the powers that be think she is a political threat. Intra-party fights isn't exactly new.

AoD

If true this is very disappointing....

@Admiral Beez may have been right:

No wonder our allies are starting to openly call out Canada.
It's affecting morals of the troups. Recruiting is getting pretty difficult too. The Latvia equipment thing was just plain embarrassing.

I've said it before and I will say it again, we need to stop bringing people into Canada until we can get our own affairs in order,

Right now we have more people than we can handle and bringing more in is not exactly wise.
A nation used to be to build a better future for your kids. Not only people can't afford kids, the PM is virtue signalling to immigrants and calling multigenerational Canadians racists for wanting less immigration. The future is dark for everyone.

A nation used to be to build a better future for your kids.

Really? I was in high school for a chunk of the Mike Harris era. With strikes almost every school year, it really didn't feel that they were trying to build a better future for me.

the PM is virtue signalling to immigrants and calling multigenerational Canadians racists for wanting less immigration.

I'm no fan of this government's immigration policy. And I've said it here. But is there any actual evidence that critics of immigration policy are being called racist? This seems like a strawman.

Last edited:

Without speculating too much I wonder what happened?

They seemed so happy but I feel like the stress of the job got in the way of things.

I have no genuine interest in the personal lives of our pols, unless and except its indicative of conflict of interest or some other adverse impact to public policy or the operation of government.

That said, for those with morbid fascinations with such things, it is my understanding that both parties 'moved on' along time ago, and this is merely the public story catching up.

Back