News   Jul 22, 2024
 227     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 992     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4.2K     7 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Though I am not surprised, I see O'Toole is managing to shoot himself in the foot, yet again. It is clear that everyone entering parliament buildings must be vaccinated (which is sensible) so why keep picking at this scab?
Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole says all of his MPs will abide by new rules requiring they be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the House of Commons, but will challenge those rules at the first opportunity.

"O’Toole says the committee that made COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for members of Parliament overstepped its authority, and that the decision should have been made by the House of Commons when it resumes sitting on Nov. 22. But he says while his party will raise its objection on the floor of the Commons as soon as it can, Conservative MPs will respect the vaccination mandate with the goal of being in their seats to hold the Liberal government to account." An O'Toole by name and a tool by nature!
This song comes to mind. Trying to be everything to everyone.

Barring a major turnaround/progress I don't think he has another win in him.

After 8 years in power people will want change.
I agree the people won't want him, but if he Cons remain primarily a grievance party I think we'll continue to see Trudeau as PM into the mid to late 2020s.

Though I am not surprised, I see O'Toole is managing to shoot himself in the foot, yet again. It is clear that everyone entering parliament buildings must be vaccinated (which is sensible) so why keep picking at this scab?
Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole says all of his MPs will abide by new rules requiring they be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the House of Commons, but will challenge those rules at the first opportunity.

"O’Toole says the committee that made COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for members of Parliament overstepped its authority, and that the decision should have been made by the House of Commons when it resumes sitting on Nov. 22. But he says while his party will raise its objection on the floor of the Commons as soon as it can, Conservative MPs will respect the vaccination mandate with the goal of being in their seats to hold the Liberal government to account." An O'Toole by name and a tool by nature!

He's using 'House privilege' as a cover with his caucus, so he can go back to them and say 'I tried, I really tried - but the members have ruled'. It saves him taking a position, any of which will run afoul with various parts of his caucus.

Surprisingly little talk on here about how the liberal caucus seems frustrated with Trudeau (apparently he hasn't even talked to them) nothing about his cabinet shuffle or bill c-36 either

I agree the people won't want him, but if he Cons remain primarily a grievance party I think we'll continue to see Trudeau as PM into the mid to late 2020s.
I think JT will step down with in the year not because of the Cons but because the party very well could want a women or non white person is the leader.

I think JT will step down with in the year not because of the Cons but because the party very well could want a women or non white person is the leader.
A BIPOC woman (ideally a LGBT, disabled refugee) would make for excellent optics for the LPC’s progressive base, but it’s also going to give the Cons and the PPC a boost.

Last edited:

Back