News   May 17, 2024
 2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

IIRC, it used to distinguish between enclosed walkways and outdoor paths. They've added a few different colours to the map to also distinguish where the PATH is at ground level and above ground level (but still enclosed in both cases). Most of the new colours are south of the Gardiner/Lakeshore corridor.

Interestingly, they also now show the Harbourfront LRT as part of the PATH (it seems they did so because it shows another means of getting to the ferry docks).

There are two PATH connections into Maple Leaf Square from Union/ACC? Where is that diagonal entrance from?

IIRC, it used to distinguish between enclosed walkways and outdoor paths. They've added a few different colours to the map to also distinguish where the PATH is at ground level and above ground level (but still enclosed in both cases). Most of the new colours are south of the Gardiner/Lakeshore corridor.

Interestingly, they also now show the Harbourfront LRT as part of the PATH (it seems they did so because it shows another means of getting to the ferry docks).
Yes, the Queens Quay streetcar tunnel is marked, so well that I had visitors here recently who when they looked at the map they thought they could walk along beside the tracks! The PATH map marks the subway but does so in 'blurred colour' so it look less like a walkway and I have suggested to the PATH Manager that they do the same. He seems to be working on it.

Yes, the Queens Quay streetcar tunnel is marked, so well that I had visitors here recently who when they looked at the map they thought they could walk along beside the tracks! The PATH map marks the subway but does so in 'blurred colour' so it look less like a walkway and I have suggested to the PATH Manager that they do the same. He seems to be working on it.

I hadn't thought of that! You're right - why wouldn't someone assume they can walk through that tunnel as well as all the others?

There are two PATH connections into Maple Leaf Square from Union/ACC? Where is that diagonal entrance from?
I just walked through the ACC and MLS an hour ago. As far as I know that diagonal connection does not exist and there no way to get from the ACC to MLS underground.

That diagonal line is a holdover from an earlier version which was just plain wrong. Looks like they simply forgot to remove the earlier line when updating the map with the new horizontal orange and green connection.

Bummer. And I thought it was some new connection from the new Union Station retail level to the Longos.

The past week was quite a week for building news in Toronto, and I am still catching up. Nice to see the PATH map updated by the city. Some highlights I've read so far have been:

* 160 Front West proposal having a PATH connections.
* The One (1 Bloor W) clear use of PATH language to refer to the underground connections at Bloor-Yonge.
* The One will have connections to 2 Bloor E, 2 Bloor W, and 1 Bloor E, as well as access to both subway platforms via PATH walkways.

Anything else announced this month?

The updated path map doesn't show EY tower, INDX condos and L tower with a future path connection. I wonder what else has been left out.

The updated path map doesn't show EY tower, INDX condos and L tower with a future path connection. I wonder what else has been left out.

It's too bad the city doesn't include the bloor area, it's fairly substantial, and will be more so once the two buildings at bloor/young are done.

There are some other items that would be nice if they could include in the official map:

1. Food courts/bathrooms
2. Accessibility (elevator locations, impassible stairs etc.) - this might need to be a second map
3. "To Island Airport" (maybe as a note on Queens Quay LRT - need to differentiate from "To Pearson" @ UPX)

L Tower? What is the L Tower's PATH connection? What does it contain and where does it connect to? :S

The past week was quite a week for building news in Toronto, and I am still catching up. Nice to see the PATH map updated by the city. Some highlights I've read so far have been:

* The One (1 Bloor W) clear use of PATH language to refer to the underground connections at Bloor-Yonge.
* The One will have connections to 2 Bloor E, 2 Bloor W, and 1 Bloor E, as well as access to both subway platforms via PATH walkways.

Regarding The One, it will have connections to 2 Bloor West and then the subway lines, but a connection to 1 Bloor East was not announced from what I have read.

Benito is correct. The One will not have a PATH connection to 1 Bloor E. The One will likely connect to the Bloor-Yorkville PATH under Mayfair Mews and at the entrance to the Hudson Bay Centre under Yonge Street, with an arm leading to the Bloor line entrance to Yonge Station there.

Back